Private Day Trip to Datong from Beijing by Plane Including Hanging Temple and Yungang Grottoes
Visit the Hanging Temple and the Yungang Grottoes on a full-day trip to Datong from Beijing that includes round-trip flights, English speaking tour guide, private vehicle, all entrance fee and lunch. Explore one of the largest stone caving art treasury at Yungang Grottoes, eat lunch at a local restaurant, then experience the architectural wonder - Hanging Temple. This private tour is a cost-effective way to make the most of your time in China, with an knowledgable guide to help bring the ancient world to life.
per adult from
12 to 20 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Lunch and Dinner
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (For the hotels within the 4th ring road of Beijing City)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Fuel surcharge
- Entrance Fee
- Round trip plane tickets -economy class
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Meet a driver at your Beijing city hotels lobby at 4:30am for transfer to the Beijing International Airport, where you’ll catch a short, domestic flight (1 hour) to Datong Beijiazao Airport.
Your local tour guide will greet you upon arrival at the airport, then go over the day’s itinerary on your way to the first stop of the day - Hanging Temple.
The hanging temple is the only existed temple hosting worship for the Taoists, Confucians and Buddhists. Built in 491 A.D, Hanging Temple is an architectural wonder because it hangs on the west cliff of Jinxia Gorge more than 50 meters above the ground. It has established its unique position among the various temples and monastery with its characteristics of “peril, workmanship and miracle”. Accompanied by your private tour guide, you will spend about 2 hours here.
Next, stop at a local restaurant for a delicious lunch. Then heading directly to Yungang Grottoes (Approximately 1.5 hours drive).
As an UNESCO World Cultual Heritage Site, Yungang Grottoes is deemed as the Three Largest and Most Famous Grottoes Clusters together with Mogao Grottoes of Dunhuang, and Longmen Grottoes of Henan. With their 252 caves and 51,000 status, the Yungang Grottoes art represent the successful fusion of Buddhist religious symbolic art from south and central Asian with Chinese cultural traditions, starting in the 5th century CE under Imperial auspices. The power and endurance of Buddhist belief in China are vividly illustrated by the Yungang gottoes.
Afterwards, you will spend some time to explore the Datong old town and enjoy a delicious dinner, then heading directly to Datong Beijiazao Airport to board a flight back to Beijing, where a driver will meet you for the return trip to your hotel in Beijing City..
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up in the lobby of your hotel if your hotel is within the 4th ring road of Beijing city, if your hotel is out of the 4th ring road, you can travel to city to meet our guide or hotel pick up may have extra cost
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.