Private Day Trip to Bhaktapur City and Changu Narayan Temple
Have you ever wondered how a city looked like in the Dark Ages? This 6-hour private day trip from Kathmandu will give you a chance to catch a glimpse of it in Bhaktapur— the living museum city. In its vicinity is Changu Narayan, Kathmandu Valleys' oldest temple.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- In the morning you will be picked up by your driver and personal guide at your hotel. Your sightseeing tour starts in one of the three Kingdom cities— Bhaktapur. After a 45-minute drive on the newly opened highway between Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, we will arrive in the UNESCO World Heritage City.
Bhaktapur still has the appearance of a medieval city and it may give you an impression of what Europe may have looked like centuries ago. Bhaktapur is home to the traditional Newari culture. In Bhaktapur we will visit beautiful buildings such as the royal palace with its golden door, Nepal's highest temple, the five story high nyatapola, potters' square, where the people still make pottery in the traditional way and many, many more attractions. Bhaktapur will stimulate all your senses and will leave you with an incomparable impression.
Before driving to Changu Narayan, we will enjoy lunch in the historic centre of Bhaktapur.
After lunch we continue to Changu Narayan. In this temple, examples of stone, wood and metal crafts can be seen. The temple is a symbol of the religion and faith of Kathmandu valley and plays an important religious role. The major attraction in this temple is the Vishnu image with ten heads and arms.
Apart from the religious value of this site, due to its location on a Hill Top, Changyu Narayan also offers great views on Bhaktapur, Kathmandu and on clear days the Himalaya range.
At the end of your tour, you will be dropped back off to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure Point :Pickup from your hotel within Kathmandu, please provide the address during checkout.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.