Private Day Trip from Cádiz: The White Towns of Andalusia
Enjoy a private tour to the White Towns of Andalusia.
The White Towns of Andalusia are a series of towns in southern Spain, mostly within Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park. All of the villages are characterized by white washed walls and red or brown tiled roofs.
Some say that these villages paint the white house to ward off the intense summer heat that affects mainly the towns along the Sierra de Grazalema. But keep whitewashed houses is a very ancient custom in the Mediterranean to disinfect the environment in the plague epidemic period.
The lime mixed with water produces a high heat kill any microorganism. Therefore, people living in cities with houses "whitewashed" ended up escaping more disease than those who did not.
Today times have changed, but the tradition is still alive, somehow, marking the time to paint the facades ( "whitewashed"). So much so that in some pueblos blancos, you can paint the exteriors of homes without taxes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Guided visit to Zahara de la Sierra
- Guided visit to Grazalema
- Guided visit to Arcos de la Frontera
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casco Urbano de Zahara de la Sierra, 11688 Zahara de la Sierra, Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park Spain
Guided visit to Zahara de la Sierra city center
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mirador de Grazalema, 11610 Grazalema, Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park Spain
Guided visit to Grazalema and stop for Lunch (not included)
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Plaza del Cabildo, Arcos de la Frontera Spain
Guided visit to Arcos de la Frontera city center
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Cádiz, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We can also pick up at other point in Cadiz if requestedPorts
- Cadiz Port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, cap, bring drink, snacks, sunscreen.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.