Private Day Tour: Zhujiajiao Water Town with Shanghai Local Shopping Outing
This tour features two fun Shanghai experiences. First, you'll enjoy a short trip just 1 hour outside of Shanghai to the serene charm of Zhujiajiao ancient water town. On this 9 1/2 hours tour you'll explore ancient bridges like Fangsheng Bridge and stroll Qing dynasty streets and enjoy Ming and Qing dynasty architecture while diving into local shops. You'll also visit the unique Qing Dynasty Post Office, rural style authentic Yuanjin Buddhist Temple. Along the way you'll sample local snacks such as sticky rice dumplings (zong zi) and steamed pork wrapped in bamboo leaves (zha rou) as well as traditional Chinese candies. This tour also includes a relaxing site-filled gondola ride.
You'll then return to Shanghai to shop to your heart's content.
This is flexible based on your needs and interests that you'll discuss with our shopping-guru guide. Visit 1, 2 or 3 local shopping markets ranging from all kinds of items, custom clothes, souvenirs, jewelries or whatever you'd like to explore.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle with ample room based on your group size with experienced driver
- Gondola ride
- Local snacks tasting
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off
- Shopping Guru
- Entry/Admission - Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
What's excluded :
- Full sit down lunch (You can choose as you like)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zhujiajiao Ancient Town, No.36 Meizhou Road, Qingpu District Zhujiajiao Town, Shanghai 201713 China
Zhujiajiao is a water town just an hour outside of Shanghai. It was established about 1,700 years ago. It features 36 stone bridges and numerous rivers line Zhujiajiao, and many ancient buildings still line the riverbanks today. The many shops nestled into the historic buildings and stone streets lined are bustling with with food vendors. Gondola rides along the canals are popular activities are included. Qing Dynasty Post Office, Yuanjin Buddhist Temple visit will make your water town tour complete.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shanghai's Hongqiao Pearl Market, No.3721 Hongmei Road, Changning District, Shanghai 200000 China
A great place to not only shop for pearls, but also other souvenir shopping. Pearl and jewelry shops dominate the second two floors but the first floor is filled with small vendors selling Chinese silk, scarves, small curios, handbags, and t-shirts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: South Bund Soft Spinning Material Market, No.399 Lujiabang Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200000 China
This shopping area features is a bustling market for a variety of fabrics, including silk & cashmere, plus electronics & home goods.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nanjing Lu (Nanjing Road), Nanjing East Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200000 China
This is the main shopping street of Shanghai and is one of the world's busiest shopping streets. The street is cut off from cars and buses and made for pedestrians to stroll, browse and shop. You can find hundreds of shops and brands from all over the world as well as a wide range of food and restaurants. Great for shopping or just people watching.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note: Drop off and pickup outside of central Shanghai, such as Pudong International Airport, Hongqiao International Airport, Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal, Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station, Shanghai Disney Area, Qinpu District, Jiading District, Chuansha District, or Songjiang District, Fengxian District, will incur an extra USD40 for your whole group and includes both pickup and dropoff. You can pay in cash (USD or RMB) directly to your guide when meeting.Airports
- Hongqiao Airport, 2550 Hong Qiao Lu, Changning, Shanghai China
- Pu Dong Airport, Shanghai China
- Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, 500 Dong Da Ming Lu, Hongkou Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- As our tours include public sites. We are as careful as possible, but we can't control all conditions. China overall is very safe for traveling and we'll inform all customers with any updates. Our goal is make you are safe and have a worry-free experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.