Private Day Tour to Zhongyue Temple and Shaolin Temple from Luoyang
Join this private day tour to explore the Zhongyue Temple and Shaolin Temple from Luoyang. Accompanied by your knowledgeable tour guide, get to know the detailed history and stories about Zhongyue Temple. At the Shaolin Temple, you will have plenty time to watch a kung-fu performance that displays amazing martial arts moves, discover the history and culture behind and admire the biggest pagoda forest in China. This private tour includes local lunch, all entrance fee, an English-speaking guide and transport by private vehicle. Luoyang hotel pick up and drop off also included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off( For hotels in Luoyang city)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance Fee
- Entry/Admission - Monastero Shaolin (Shaolin Temple)
- Entry/Admission - Pagoda Forest of Shaolin Temple
- Entry/Admission - Zhongyue Temple
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monastero Shaolin (Shaolin Temple), Songshan Mountain, Dengfeng 450000 China
Following a pickup from your accommodation in Luoyang city at 8:30am, meet your private guide and hop aboard your air-conditioned vehicle. Heading directly to Shaolin Temple, which will takes about 1.5 hours. Your tour guide will explain the relate histories and stories along the way, feel free to ask any questions if you have!
At Shaolin Temple, first, you will have a chance to witness the real Kungfu performed by Shaolin monks. As a UNESCO Site, the Shaolin Temple was first constructed in 495 A.D. Later, Emperor Xiaowen of the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-557) had the temple built to accommodate the Indian master Batuo. As Chinese Kungfu also originated from Shaolin Temple, it has been recognized as the origin of Chan Buddhism and the cradle of Kungfu. Accompanied by your knowledgable tour guide, you will get you know the histories and related stories about Shaolin Temple - culture, people and soul.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pagoda Forest of Shaolin Temple, West of Shaolin Temple, Dengfeng 450000 China
Afterwards, you will explore the Pagoda Forest which is a concentration of tomb pagodas for eminent monks and abbots of the temple.
There are more than 240 tomb pagodas of various sizes from the Tang, Song, Jin, Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties (618-1911), making it the biggest pagoda forest in China.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zhongyue Temple, 4 Miles East of the City, Dengfeng 452470 China
Enjoy a delicious lunch in the local restaurant, then heading to Zhongyue Temple.
Zhongyue Temple was first built during the Qin Dynasty (221-206 BC) and was the place where emperors and ministers from various historical periods paid their respects to the God of Mount Songshan in central China. It is the largest and oldest intact building complex among the Five Holy Mountains in China. It is praised as the palace museum in central China and the sixth paradise of Taoism.
Afterwards, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Luoyang.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel in Luoyang city, please offer the hotel information when makebooking
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.