Private Day Tour to Yingxian Wooden Pagoda and Hanging Monastery from Taiyuan
Yingxian Wooden Pagoda and Hengshan Hanging Monastery are two historical and impressive attractions in Shanxi Province in China. This private one-day tour offers you an opportunity to explore both sites from Taiyuan with a local guide by private vehicle. Pickup time from your centrally located Taiyuan hotel is at 7:30am. Please note this is a long day tour.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Pagoda of Fogong Temple
- Entry/Admission - Hengshan Hanging Temple (Xuankong si)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pagoda of Fogong Temple, China, Shanxi Sheng, Shuozhou Shi, Yingxian, Bei Jie, 佛宫寺内
At 7:30am, your guide will pick you up from your Taiyuan hotel, then take 3-hour car ride to Yingxian County to visit the impressive wooden pagoda. It was built about 1000 years ago in Liao Dynasty. The 67.31-meter pagoda is the oldeset woonden pagoda in the world. Though it is not allowed to climb up, but it is worthing viewing the historical building standing here for 1000 years.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Hengshan Hanging Temple (Xuankong si), Hengshan, Datong China
Then you will take another one-hour car ride to Hanging Monastery. It was built by the cliff and supported by the huge and long wooden pillars. The entire temple is impressive to view from below and above. Though it was built in 491AD, it is quite well-preserved. Moreover, it is interesting to see three religions in one temple, which are Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism.
Later, you will be transferred back to your Taiyuan hotel where the tour concludes.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick up from centrally located Taiyuan hotel
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.