Private Day Tour to Uppsala - Uppsala Cathedral, Viking Burials and countryside
The only private day trip to Uppsala from Stockholm. Uppsala is the fourth largest city in Sweden. It is famous for having the oldest and most traditional university in the country, founded in 1477. The young feel and student vibe is easy to feel in Uppsala. The city is also known for the Cathedral, it took roughly 150 years to complete and is the largest in Scandinavia. Swedish kings have been coronated here and some even buried. Many important Swedes lived and died in Uppsala, you can visit the tombs of Carl Linneaus (founder of the naming system for plants), Dag Hammarskjold (UN General Secretary) and Anders Celsius (the temperature scale).
Take your time and walk around for a nice lunch of your own choosing. You can also shop at the traditional central market and modern Downtown area. You will also visit the Old Uppsala. This archaeological site has been inhabited for more than 1500 years and is seen as the most important settlement of early Sweden.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Gratuties (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Uppsala Castle (Uppsala Slott)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uppsala Castle (Uppsala Slott), Rikssalen, Uppsala 753 10 Sweden
visit the outside of the castle (not open for visitors) and hear the story about its history and castle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Botanical Gardens, Villavagen 6-8, Uppsala 75236 Sweden
If open we visit this botanical garden who is one of Europe's oldest.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Uppsala University Main Building, 3 Biskopsgatan The University Main Building is currently closed for interior renovations., Uppsala 753 10 Sweden
The main university building is from 1887. Built in magnificent neoclassical style. Learn about Sweden's oldest university, dating back to 1477.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Uppsala Domkyrka, Domkyrkoplan 2, Uppsala 753 10 Sweden
Uppsala Cathedral is the largest cathdral in Scandinaiva. Construction started in 1270s and ended with the inaugoration at year 1435. Visit the place and surroundings.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Valsgärde Gravfält, Fullerö 151, 755 94 Uppsala, Sweden
A viking age boat burial grave field.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gamla Uppsala, Uppsala Sweden
Visit the Vendel-Viking age archeological site in Old Uppsala. See the gigantic burial mounds and learn about Sweden's viking past. A museum visit is included in the price.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at all hotels, hostels and other accomodations in central Stockholm within 3km from Stockholm central station. Also the harbours of Frihamnen, Stadsgården and Värtahamnen (not Nynäshamn harbour, if you enter here wait for meeting instructions to a place in Stockholm city). Points of interest as well. If your tour departs from the cruise pier:If your ship arrives at S165 and S167 STADSGÅRDEN: Please walk a few hundred meters away from your ship while following the BLUE/GREEN lines. Go past the fences and guards, and your guide will wait there, with a sign saying "Viking Tours" on an A4-paper. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in STADSGÅRDEN than S165 or S167 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your ship arrives at F638 FRIHAMNEN: Upon debarking the ship, please go through the terminal building. Once you go past the sliding doors (everyone else that departs the ship will walk out this way), the guide will meet you just outside the sliding doors. The guide will be holding an A4-paper saying "Viking Tours". NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in FRIHAMNEN than F638 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your ship arrives at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN: Walk from your ship towards the tourist buses, which is less than 10 meters from the ship hull. The guide will wait for you at the tourist bus area, near the buses, with an A4-paper, which says "Viking Tours." The guide will then direct you to the tour vehicle. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in VÄRTAHAMNEN than V523 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your Ship Arrives at NYNÄSHAMN: NO PICK UP INCLUDED HERE. That due to it being 50km away from Stockholm central station. We recomend you to contact and with us decide a meeting place in Central Stockholm. We will give directions how to go there either by train or that take one of the cruise busses going from the harbour into Stockholm.If you are unsure of which pier your ship is arriving at, please check with the cruise line.Ports
- NO PICK UP IN Nynäshamn harbour (if you arrive here you'll get meeting directions to a meeting point in stockholm city)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- If you want to bring your own masks or any other thing to make you feel safe please know you're welcome to do so.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.