Private Day Tour to the Enchanting Forts of Nizwa
The tour starts with a spectacular drive through the Hajar mountains via the oases of Fanjah and Birkat Al Mauz, to reach Nizwa and the impressive 17th century fort.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Luxury air-conditioned car or mini-bus transport
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Nizwa is located about 1.5 hours drive from Muscat, and is today of the most popular tourist attractions in Oman, with its historical buildings and imposing fort built in the mid 17th century by Imam Sultan Bin Saif Al Ya'ribi. Nizwa's palm oasis stretches for 5 miles (8 kilometers) along the course of two wadis.
After a tour of Nizwa you will continue on to the cattle market and the souk, famous for its Bedouin silver jewelry.
The drive continues via Tanuf and Bahla to Jabreen, to visit one of Oman's most beautiful forts, famous for its wall and ceiling murals, before returning to your hotel in Muscat.
Departure Point :Tour departs from centrally located Muscat hotels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour returns to original point of departure.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel
- Buses used for excursions are of the highest standard available. All buses are air-conditioned and equipped with a microphone.
- 4x4 vehicles used for the off-road safaris are air-conditioned with a maximum capacity of 6 passengers plus driver. All drivers are qualified off-road professionals, first-aid trained and carry cell phones. All vehicles are equipped with seat-belts and passengers are required to wear them at all times.
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised, and photo-chromatic lenses for those who wear spectacles. Hats or some protection for the head are advisable when in direct sunlight. Oman has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages.
- Normal tourist photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings or military installations are not allowed.
- The tour operator reserves the right to cancel any part of this tour for reasons of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or similar.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.