Private day tour to Sigiriya and Dambulla from Negombo
Enjoy a private day tour to Sigiriya and Dambulla from your hotel in Negombo or Katunayake and visit the UNESCO listed world heritage site Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Dambulla Rock cave temple.
per adult from
12 to 15 hours
What's included :
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off by an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of a chauffeur guide.
- 1 liter bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees of Sigiriya Rock fortress and Dambulla Rock cave temple which you have to pay locally from Sri Lankan rupees(LKR)
- Lunch or any other meals and drinks (available to purchase)
- Video & Camera fees, Permit fees.
- Expenses of personal nature such as - Tips for Guides,Drivers, Porters & waiters. -Laundry ,medical bills, telephone calls,personal travel insurance etc.
- You will be picked up from your hotel Negombo or Katunayake by our chauffeur guide at 06:30 a.m. and commence the day tour Dambulla and Sigiriya. You will be reached entrance of the Sigiriya Rock fortress after 3 to 4 hours journey.
The royal palace on the top of the Sigiriya rock was built by King Kashyapa in the fifth century . The design of the fortress shows the ability of architecture, urban planning and art of the ancient people of Sri Lanka. You can see moats and ramparts which were built around the fortress as a defensive implementation.When you climb around 100 meters high of the rock colourful frescoes can be seen on a cavity of the western side of the rock. There remains about 21 paintings of Sigiriya ladies.
Next you will climb along in the path of the Mirror Wall to the Lion's paws terrace. Climb up to top of the rock to see the remaining foundation of the palace with few ponds. You are able to see the surrounding nature within total 360 degrees.
On completion of the tour of Sigiriya rock you will be taken to a Local restaurant for lunch(Your Expense). Enjoy the taste of Sri Lankan lunch and then transfer to visit Dambulla Rock cave temple.
Dambulla Rock cave temple (also known as Golden temple) is a world heritage site which was built by king Walagambahu in the first century B.C. The temple complex spread over the five different sizes of caves. In these caves you will see around 50 statues of Lord Buddha and Painting on the ceiling and the wall.
On completion of Dambulla cave temple tour transfer back to Negombo and you will be safely dropped at your hotel or at the place where you picked up.
Departure Point :1: Negombo, Sri Lanka
2: Katunayake, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Childe supplement will be added when sharing with parents.
- A formal Dress code is required both men and women when entered in to Temples and National Museum. Your knees and shoulders must be fully covered by the dress. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.