Private day tour to Galle from Negombo
Enjoy a private day tour to Galle from your hotel in Negombo or Katunayake and visit the UNESCO listed world heritage site Galle Dutch Fort in southern region in Sri Lanka. Additionally visit Kosgoda sea turtle conservation project , Mask museum, Tsunami museum and enjoy a boat ride in Madu river.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off by an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of a chauffeur guide.
- 1 liter bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees of museums and boat ride charges.
- Lunch or any other meals and drinks (available to purchase)
- Video & Camera fees, Permit fees.
- Expenses of personal nature such as - Tips for Guides,Drivers, Porters & waiters. -Laundry ,medical bills, telephone calls,personal travel insurance etc.
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo or Katunayake by our chauffeur guide at 06:30 a.m. and commence the day tour to Galle.
Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project
First you will be taken to Sea Turtle Conservation Project in Kosgoda. You will be able to see how Sea turtles are being conserved and inspect their activities. Further you will see the hatchery program which was being implemented to hatch eggs safely before release in to the sea.
Madu Ganga river Safari
Next you will be stopped at Balapitiya and proceed to Madu Ganga river boat safari. Madu Ganga river flows among marshlands which covered by mangrove forests. You will see mostly wild boars, monkeys and squirrels out of variety of animals available. As well as birds such as cormorants and kingfishers can be seen mostly among more than 100 species.
Masks Museum at Ambalangoda
After the boat safari visit the Mask Museum at Ambalangoda.This museum gives you better knowledge about Sri Lankan traditional masks and the meaning behind them.
Your next visit will be Tsunami photo museum at Hikkaduwa. There are photos and some memories of the Tsunami victim in 2004.
Thereafter you will be directly transferred to Galle and stop at a local restaurant for Lunch. (Your expense)
Galle Dutch fort
After lunch you will be proceeded to Galle Fort Sightseeing. Galle Fort was first built by Portuguese and it was again fortified by Dutch when Sri Lanka was a Colonial under them. It was built on a rocky peninsula and three sides’ area covered by sea. Just after the entrance you can see the front wall and a clock tower on top of the wall. When you climb the front wall you can nicely see the Galle international Cricket stadium.
When you move to the southernmost end of the fort you can see the Flag Rock which was used as a bastion by Portuguese. Currently it has become more attractive for tourist due to some locals leap to the water from the rock with the intention of earn some money from the foreigners.
Next you will be met the Lighthouse Located in southern end of the promontory. It was built in 1938 in order to get a full view of any ships entering Galle harbour.
You can enjoy a Sri Lankan buffet lunch at a local restaurant which situated in Galle Fort (Your expense). After lunch you can visit various kind of shops which are available in Galle fort such as art and crafts, jewellery, antiques, clothes etc.
Thereafter you will be met the Maritime Archaeology Museum, Dutch Reformed Church (which the history goes to 1640) and Galle National Museum.
On completion of Gall tour transfer back to Negombo and you will be safely dropped at your hotel or at the place where you picked up.
Departure Point :• Any of the hotel in Negombo or Katunayake • Bandaranaike International Airport Colombo ( Landing before departure time)
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Childe supplement will be added when sharing with parents.
- A formal Dress code is required both men and women when entered in to Temples and National Museum. Your knees and shoulders must be fully covered by the dress. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.