Private day tour to Folgefonna Glacier - incl Blue Ice Hiking
Welcome to Folgefonna glacier.
This private tour takes you from Bergen to Hardanger an the glacier of Folgefonna. We start in Bergen in the morning, pick up at your hotel 8.00 am, driving 1,5 hour to Tørvikbygd and crossing the Hardangerfjord by ferry to Jondal. From Jondal we drive up to the glacier 1200 meters above sea level. Here you will be welcomed by your private guide from Folgefonni Breførerlag. You will be informed of everything you need to know and to put on the necessary gear. The trip on the glacier last for about 3-4 hours, but will be as long as you wish. After the private glacier tour we will cross the Hardangerfjord by ferry, and drive back to Bergen.
Note that ice conditions, tunnels etc.change from day to day. In beginning of season most of tour is on snow, end of season most of tour is on ice (melts about 7-8 meter snow during a summer)
- A must do when visiting Norway
- Hike is in Folgefonna National Park
- Levels of difficulty can easily be adjusted.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private car, Bergen - Folgefonna - Bergen
- Ferry, Tørvikbygd - Jondal - Tørvikbygd
- Road tolls
- Private local guide - English speaking
- Glacier guide - English speaking
- Pick-up in Bergen
- Glacier hike 3 - 4 hours
- Glacier hike equipment
- Entry/Admission - Fossen Bratte
- Entry/Admission - Steinsdalsfossen
- Entry/Admission - Folgefonna National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fossen Bratte, E16 Bergen to Norhemisund Road FV 49 i Samnanger, mellom Bergen og Kvam, Eikedalen 5650 Norway
Fossen Bratte, also called Brudesløret, Eikedalsfoss or Brattefossen is one of the big waterfalls near Bergen. Fossen Bratte means steep waterfall and that is a statement: The river Eikedalselva thunders down in a single drop over 79 meters.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Steinsdalsfossen, Mo ved Steinsdalen, 5600 Norheimsund, Norway
The river Fosselvi drops down 48 meters and is special because you can walk behind the water veil. The flood of the river is quite consistent and is being fed by water from a serie of lakes from which Myklavatnet is the biggest. Steinsdalfossen was already popular a hundred years ago, at the time of the emperor of Germany, Wilhelm II. He visited Steinsdalsfossen every year, until world war II began. Actually the waterfall is not that old: at the 17th century the river flowed west of Steinsdalsfossen. In 1699 “Øvsthus farm suffered great damage when the river flooded its banks”. The old river channel was closed off, perhaps as a result of great amounts of snow or an avalanche, and the water ran instead off the cliff.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Folgefonna National Park, Rosendal Norway
Folgefonna is a collective term for three plateau glaciers in the Hardanger region of Hordaland county. They are located on the Folgefonna peninsula. In total, Folgefonna covers about 207 km2 (80 sq mi). In 2005, Folgefonna National Park was established, protecting the glaciers and the surrounding areas.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Hardanger Fjord, Hardanger Fjord, Hordaland, Western Norway
The Hardangerfjord is the fourth longest fjord in the world, and the second longest in Norway. The fjord stretches 179 kilometres (111 mi) from the Atlantic Ocean into the mountainous interior of Norway along the Hardangervidda plateau. The innermost point of the fjord reaches the town of Odda. The history of the fjord goes far beyond its Viking history, back to the time of hunters on the surrounding mountains, and later on, farming along this fertile area which today is considered the "fruit orchard of Norway". Later the fjord became the birthplace for a large tourism influx to Norway, and in 1875 Thomas Cook started weekly cruise departures from London to the Hardangerfjord, due to its spectacular nature, glaciers, and grand waterfalls.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at all hotels in Bergen.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.