Private Day Tour to Chartwell House
Experience a beautiful and private day trip to Sir Winston Churchill’s family home, Chartwell.
Avoid London's heavy traffic and save time and costs. Enjoy a scenic drive from Bromley through the English countryside before arriving at Chartwell. (Bromley South Station is less than 20 minutes’ direct train ride from London Victoria, covered by zone 5 Oyster cards or Travelcards).
Walk around this magnificent home where Churchill lived and worked. Admire the beautiful scenery which inspired much of his paintings. See the desk where he wrote many of his famous speeches and Nobel-prize-winning books. Stroll around the house discovering the treasures which create an intimate insight of Churchill and his family.
The many historical photos and paintings which adorn the walls will provide you with a close and personal insight on the great statesman’s friends, values and family.
Time for lunch or tea on-site.
N.B. Restricted opening during winter months. Please enquire for information.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel - Return journey to Chartwell from Bromley South Station
- No tour fee for kids 10 years and under. (Must be accompanied by a relative 21+ years old).
- Entry/Admission - Chartwell
What's excluded :
- Audio guides
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chartwell Mapleton Road, Westerham TN16 1PS England
Private Trip to Beautiful Chartwell, Kent, England
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Bromley South Station (Stop A), Bromley BR1 1EA, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- John England Tours is certified as ‘Good To Go’ - An industry standard by VisitEngland and the UK government assuring visitors that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing. See logo on the main profile.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.