Private Day Tour to Abu Simbel Temples
Visit the rock temples of Abu Simbel with an Egyptologist guide and enjoy a personalized visit on a private tour from Aswan. Learn about the lives of the pharaohs, and benefit from some time to see original documents from the relocation project.
Explore the best temples ever for King Ramses and his wife Nefertari
Marvel the most amazing scenes inside the temples
See the stunning rocks temples of Abu Simbel on the banks of Lake Nasser
Led by a qualified Egyptologist Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All service charges and taxes
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Qualified tour guide in language of your choice
- Return transportation from and to your hotel or Nile cruise ship in Aswan
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Depart Aswan at 04:00 to journey 280 kilometers to the stunning rock-carved temples of Abu Simbel. Relocated to the west banks of Lake Nasser, the temple complex is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the “Nubian Monuments.”
On arrival, take a short walk to the temple entrance, where your Egyptologist guide will explain the history of the site. Hear details of the UNESCO-led relocation of the entire cliff face to higher ground, and how the temples were only discovered by accident in 1813.
Due to the large number of visitors, guides are not permitted inside the Great Temple of Ramses II or the smaller Temple of Hathor. However, by using photos and illustrations your guide will explain the structures and their interior artworks before giving you some free time to enter the temples and explore at leisure.
As one of the few Ancient Egyptian sites that largely escaped damage from past invaders, the interiors of the Abu Simbel temples are astounding. The scale of the buildings and their detailed decorations leave most visitors in awe. The experience is further enhanced by the scenic location on the edge of Lake Nasser in the orange sands of the desert.
After visiting the temples, benefit from some time for a short visit to the small visitor’s center to see documents relating to the UNESCO relocation project (time permitting) before the drive back to Aswan.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup all travelers from any hotel or airport
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.