Private Day Tour: Summer Palace and Old Summer Palace in Beijing
Love gardens? Experience the majesty of imperial Chinese landscaping and horticulture on this 8-hour private garden tour. You'll visit the Summer Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and its predecessor, the Old Summer Palace, discover the gardens' fascinating history, and enjoy a restaurant lunch. All entrance fees, private tour guide and transfer service are all inclusive.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Benevolence and Longevity
- Entry/Admission - Old Summer Palace (Yuanmingyuan)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Summer Palace (Yiheyuan), No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 China
Your all-inclusive private day tour begins at 9:00am, and your professional guide and personal driver will meet you at your hotel. Your first stop is the UNESCO-listed Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved of the surviving imperial gardens, around 40 minutes' drive from downtown Beijing.
First built in 1750 AD, during the time of the Qing dynasty Emperor Qianlong, and largely destroyed during the war of 1860, the Summer Palace centers on the expansive Kunming Lake and towering Longevity Hill.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hall of Benevolence and Longevity, Inside Summer Palace, Haidian District, Beijing 100091 China
Your guide will escort you around the grounds, providing an insight not only into Chinese landscape architecture but into the lives of the imperial family who enjoyed their leisure there.
You will visit Important buildings such as: The hall of Benevolence and Longevity, The Hall of Happiness and Longevity and more.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Long Corridor at the Summer Palace, No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing China
Walk along the World's longest corridor and enjoy different paintings on the ceiling.
Pass By: Kunming Lake, Inside Summer Palace, Haidian District, Beijing 100091 China
In summer time, you will enjoy the dragon boat cruise along the lake
Pass By: Qingyan Stone Boat, Inside Summer Palace, Haidian District, Beijing 100091 China
Your tour will ends at Qingyan Marble Boat.
Stop At: Old Summer Palace (Yuanmingyuan), Qinghuan West Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100007 China
You'll break for lunch at a local restaurant and enjoy Chinese specialties before driving 20 minutes or so to the Old Summer Palace.
Celebrated for its spectacular collection of gardens, architecture, and art, this was once known as the 'Garden of Gardens' - its destruction in 1860 was a huge loss to the world. A harmonious blend of typical Chinese scenery with some western architectural features, the vast majority of what remained of the garden was damaged in the 1980s.
Your guide will lead you through this landscape of crumbling walls and ruins and describe its former grandeur.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Niaochao National Stadium, No.1 Guojia Tiyuchang South Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing China
Driving pass by the National Stadium and Watercube, then you will be transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up including hotels in Beijing within the 5th ring road, if your hotel is out of the city, will have extra cost, you also can travel into city to meet your tour guide
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.