Private Day Tour Stone Forest and Jiuxiang Cave from Kunming
Discover two of the Yunnan Province’s most spectacular natural attractions on this full-day, private tour. Meet your guide directly at your centrally located Kunming hotel, and set off in a private vehicle. Your first destination is the UNESCO-listed Stone Forest: a striking landmark that features unique limestone rock formations. After a traditional, local lunch, continue to the Jiuxiang Scenic Region: home to one of China’s most extensive cake systems. Explore the caverns by boat before returning to Kunming.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- English Guide
- Admission tickets
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Stone Forest
- Entry/Admission - Jiuxiang Scenic Region
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stone Forest, Shilin County 652200 China
About 1.5 hours from Kunming lies one of Yunnan greatest wonders, the Stone Forest. Wander through a labyrinth with ancient stone trees looking down on you or see the forest of limestone pinnacles from above. This area used to be an ocean about 270 million years ago until the earth’s crust rose and the limestone pierced through. Weather and time have sculpted a unique 350 km2 karst maze unlike anywhere in the world. Every rock formation you pass has its own touching story or thrilling legend, passed on by the natives who have lived in this area for ages. The natives belong to the Sani minority, a branch of the Yi ethnic minority, and you can find them still meandering the area, jamming and singing folk songs as they create their traditional embroidery.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Jiuxiang Scenic Region, Jiuxiang Country, Yiliang (Zhaotong) County 652114 China
Not far from the Stone Forest we will descend down under the ground into the Jiuxiang Caves, a fairyland hidden within the largest cave group system in China with winding rivers, steep gorges, surging waterfalls, lush forests and natural stone ridges. Take a floating boat ride on the river through narrow green canyons and see the entrance of the hundreds of karst caves concealed by the forests from above as you fly over it in the cable car. Jiuxiang is not just a cave, it is a hidden magical world.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Traveler pickup is offeredWe will pick you up from your hotel within the second ring road of Kunming.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.