Private Day Tour of Luoyang Shaolin Temple and Longmen Grottoes Including Lunch
Join this private day tour to explore two of the most important historical attractions in Luoyang, Longmen Grottoes and Shaolin Temple. Be marveled by the work of devoted Buddhists from thousands of years ago and also astounded by the martial art performance of Shaolin monks. Lunch is included in the package.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your Luoyang hotel or upon your arrival at at the exit of Luoyang Railway Station holding a welcome sign to pick you up for a day of exploration in Luoyang. Located 8 miles (13 kilometers) to the west of Luoyang, Longmen Grottoes is one of the four largest grotto complexes in China. The cultural relics lie amid lush green mountains and serpentine rivers. Listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000, the grottoes of differing sizes that were carved in different dynasties are a feast for your eyes. Lunch will be served at a a local restaurant.
After lunch break, you will head to Shaolin Temple, which takes about one and a half hours by car. Shaolin Temple is shrouded in legend and mystery. The origin of martial arts and kung fu is part of the mystique of Shaolin Temple and the Shaolin monks. This is probably the most famous temple in China, not just because of its long history but also because of its role in Chinese Buddhism and its martial arts, or also known as wu shu. You will also enjoy a half-hour kung fu show at the theater to see different weapons demonstrated by Shaolin monks. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to the railway station at Luoyang to catch the train to your next destination.
Departure Point :Luoyang Railway Station or your centrally located Luoyang hotel
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.