Private Day Tour of Datong City Sightseeing
Datong was once the political, economic and military center of ancient North China, which left the city with a series of splendid historic and cultural relics. Have a private full day tour to visit the historical relics in Datong, know more about the top attractions from an expert local tour guide, visit the Yungang Grottoes, the Huayan Monastery and the Nine Dragons Screen in one day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour for you only
- Private transportation
- Professional licensed driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Local lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance ticket fees
- Entry/Admission - Yungang Grottoes
- Entry/Admission - Huayan Temple of Datong
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yungang Grottoes, Wuzhou Mountain, Urban Area, Datong 37000 China
Private tour guide will pick you up from your Datong hotel at 9:00 am to start the city sightseeing. You will firstly visit the Yungang Grottoes, one of the four most famous grottoes in China.
Yungang Grottoes were excavated along Wuzhou Mountain, extending 1 km from east to west, revealing 45 major caves and over 51,000 stone statues, it is a relic of the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-534). Follow your guide to visit the fascinating ancient grottoes and reveal the story of past glory.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Huayan Temple of Datong, Daxi Street, Urban Area, Datong 037004 China
Later have lunch in a local restaurant, and continue sightseeing to the Huayan Monastery - the largest and best preserved monastery of the Liao Dynasty (907 - 1125) in existence in China, it is very unique as it faces east instead of south. Then see the Nine Dragons Screen, the oldest and largest glazed screen in China, it was built over 600 years ago and displays nine vivid and different shaped dragons. After the full day sightseeing, the tour guide will transfer you back to the hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Datong, Datong, Shanxi
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from centrally located Datong hotels, drop-off at the original departure point. Please provide detailed hotel information while booking.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.