Private Day Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall and Lama Temple
Combine a visit to the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu with sightseeing in Beijing on this comprehensive full-day tour, with hotel pickup, entrance fees, and round-trip transport all included. Visit the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu, tuck into a delicious Chinese-style lunch, and stroll around the significant Tibetan Buddhist Temple--Lama Temple. No factory and shopping stops.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Professional guide
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Lama Temple (Yonghegong)
What's excluded :
- Cable car/toboggan tickets for the Great Wall
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
Your tour begins with pickup from your Beijing hotel at 8:00am. Traveling by private vehicle, set out on the around 1.5-hour journey to the Mutianyu Great Wall, as your guide offers some background information about the famous wall — a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. On arrival at Mutianyu, you will have around 2 hours to explore and can choose to ride the chairlift to Tower 6, returning by toboggan, or take the cable car to Tower 14 and come down by the same way (recommended for those nervous of heights).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lama Temple (Yonghegong), No.12 Yonghegong Street, Beixinqiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100007 China
After visiting the Great Wall, stop to enjoy a delicious lunch (included) at a local restaurant and sample some typical Chinese cuisine, then return to Beijing in the afternoon to visit the Lama Temple, built as an imperial palace, it became a lamasery in 1744 and is home to stunning Buddha sculptures, including one supposedly carved from a single piece of sandalwood. Also known as Yonghe Lamasery, it is the best-preserved Lamasery of the Yellow Sect in the city.
Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 4:30pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from your centrally located Beijing hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Tour Duration is 8 to 9 hours. If you want to extend the tour, it costs USD30 total for your guide and driver for each additional hour
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Health QR Code is required upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.