Private Day Tour: Meknes and Volubilis from Fez
Your day trip to Meknes and Volubilis takes you on a historical journey through the rich and varied past of Morocco. Discover the culture of Morocco as you partake in sightseeing of the city Meknes, once the capital. Enjoy Volubilis, one of the most preserved Roman ruins in North Africa. Afterwards, head back to Fez with fond memories of this journey through history in your private vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Start your day with a pickup from your Fez accommodations at 9:00am. Then, head out to explore the ancient imperial city of Meknes, known as the "Versailles of Morocco". See historical sites such as the impressive ramparts, monumental gates, and the Mausoleum Moulay Ismail. At its peak of glory, Meknes had over 50 palaces, 20 doors, and a city wall that measured around 45km.
Next, visit Volubilis, an areas consisting of impressive and well-preserved Roman ruins, not to mention spectacular mosaics. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most important Roman sites in North Africa. Travel through the holy city of Moulay Idriss, perched dramatically against the slope of Mount Zerhon, and immerse yourself in the dramatic landscape of Morocco. Break for lunch whenever you prefer and at the end of your tour, head back to Fez.
Departure Point :Your centrally located Fez accommodation
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.