Private Day Tour including Artisan Villages of Alebrijes and Black Pottery
This is a Private Tour ideal for family or friends; a certified guide and a driver will pick you up at your hotel to visit the most emblematic artisan villages in Oaxaca. At every location we will visit one of the most famous artisan’s houses, where artisans will demonstrate what is the process to create amazing ceramic, belts, textiles, wood figures and other handicraft famous in Oaxaca.
Visiting follow villages:
- San Bartolo Coyotepec visiting Doña Rosa studio where artisans create beautiful black pottery figures
- San Martín Tilcajete visiting Jacobo Angeles house, one of the most international famous Alebrije’s artisan
- Santo Tomás Jalietza visiting local market in nice and quiet village where will find artisans who create amazing and colorful woven cotton goods made on back-strap looms
- Ocotlán de Morelos, famous by is Friday’s indigenous market, as well as its amazing church and museum showing artworks from artist Rodolfo Morales (principal precursor of Church restoration)
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Comfortable vehicle according the number of passengers
- Pickup and drop off at your hotel
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Ex-Convento de Santo Domingo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dona Rosa Studio, Calle Benito Juarez No 24 San Bartolo Coyotepec, Oaxaca Mexico
We will visit Doña Rosa Studio where artisans will show us the process how to create different pieces of extraordinary beauty in black pottery using pre-Hispanics techniques of draft and burnished.
There is a beautiful church of the 16th century, a Museum of Ceramics and the State Museum of Popular Art.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Workshop of Jacobo and Maria Angeles, Calle Olvido No. 9, San Martin Tilcajete 71506 Mexico
We will visit Jacobo Angeles home – studio where handcrafters create incredible copal wood figures (Alebrijes), decorated with finest and delicacy Zapotec symbols. You will fall in love with more than one piece. You can take a painting class (you must pay locally) if you decide and enjoy the whole experience of creating Alebrijes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Templo de Santo Tomás, Hidalgo 3, Santo Tomás Jalieza, Oax., Mexico
It is known as the "Town of the Belts", because of the artistic way of adorning them. In the center there is a market where you can buy or just admire beauty and colorful rebozos, huipils, belts, and shawls all of them made on back-strap looms by local artisans.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ex-Convento de Santo Domingo, Calle Maximiliano Amador 1 Centro, Ocotlan de Morelos 71510 Mexico
One of its main attractions is the indigenous markets on Fridays. It highlights red clay pottery, cutlery, apaxtles and rustic utensils for cooking. Account with a Dominican convent that dates from 1555, now it is a museum that exhibits works of Rodolfo Morales, famous artist native of this town, crafts of the region and art of the XVI and XVII centuries.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a Private service, passengers pickup is included. If your hotel is not listed, do not worry, you can add your address (for example an Airbnb location). Otherwise we will be in contact with you before tour date, so we can clarify what hotel or address you will stay.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Disinfectant towels available in our vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.