Private Day Tour from Taiyuan: Qiao Family and Pingyao Ancient City
Departure from Taiyuan, you will visit Qiao Family Compound which is famous for being the chef shooting scene of the film Red Lantern.
Then you will go to Pingyao Ancient City and to feel the charm of the best preserved old city in China.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Your private guide and personal driver will meet you in your Taiyuan hotel lobby in the morning.
You will be taken to the famous Qiao Family Compound (about 1h). Construction began in 1756 during the reign of the Qianlong Emperor in the Qing dynasty and was completed some time in the 18th century. The courtyard estate covers 9000 square meters and has 313 rooms with 4000 square meters within 6 large courtyards and 19 smaller courtyards. It is famous for being the chief location in the Zhang Yimou film Raise the Red Lantern. Visit Residence Qiao Family.
At the end of the visit, transfer to Pingyao ancient town (about 1h). Founded during the Western Zhou Dynasty (1046 – 771 BC) and rebuilt in 1370, the Ancient City of Pingyao is nowadays one of China's four best preserved old cities
The ancient town boasts its well-preserved city with a grand City Wall, traditional residences, former security guard companies, time-honored shops, and even the previous government office. In 1997, it was inscribed as a world cultural heritage. You will discover its beauty and charm just by simply taking a stroll in it.
Drive back to your hotel in Taiyuan.
Departure Point :centrally located Taiyuan hotels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.