Private day-tour from Cognac : Vineyard and Craft Distilleries with Tastings
Cognac is not only a luxury product. It is also a terroir product elaborated by several thousands of vine-growers who are craft distillers.
Explore, in this full day private tour, the vineyard of Cognac with an English speaking local guide and driver, visiting craft distilleries where some of the best cognacs are produced. Do not worry about driving, you may fully enjoy your tastings and meetings with traditional producers hidden in the vines.
Week days we enter a craft cooperage (barrel making), where they produce oak barrels, to have a better understanding the ageing process of cognac.
The tour includes the visit of 2 craft distilleries producing their family cognacs and being at the same time suppliers of some of the most famous cognac brands.
Stops at nice points of view to discover the landscapes, the local architecture, make your most original photos.
A typical local restaurant is suggested by the guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cognac tastings
- Driver - cognac expert guide who perfectly knows the vineyard and the people living there.
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle or minivan - Bottles of water are provided
- Pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation if within a 15 minutes drive from the pickup place in Cognac
- Visit of 2 craft distilleries, both ending by a tasting of some of their products.
- Visit of a craft cooperage producing oak barrels (week days)
What's excluded :
- Personal purchases and souvenirs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cognac, Cognac, Charente, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
The tour departs from the town of Cognac, where the most famous brands have their place of visit located
Stop At: Segonzac, Segonzac, Charente, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Segonzac is the capital city of the Grande Champagne, 1st cru of the cognac.
Have a look at the original Catholic church and the Protestant temple.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Cognac Tourist Office, 16 Rue du 14 Juillet, 16100 Cognac, France
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for tastings is 18 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and in the months of July and August, cooperages are closed. You will visit a winery producing local wines, cognacs and Pineau des Charentes instead.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.