Private Day Tour: Bethlehem, Jordan River and Dead Sea
Enjoy a comprehensive overview of historic Bethlehem on this 8-hour private tour. You'll visit the Church of the Nativity, the Church of St. Catherine, the Milk Grotto Shrine, the Cave of St. Jerome, and Shepherd's Field, where the angel appeared to the shepherds. Drive toward Jordan River t visit the Baptismal Site "Kasr el Yahud" where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptiste then enjoy a float in the Dead Sea and get your body covered with the Dead Sea mud.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Private tour
- Pickup from Checkpoint 300 or Bethlehem hotel
- Drop-off at Checkpoint 300 or Bethlehem hotel
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Entrance fees
- Public transportation to the meeting point and back to your hotel
- Greet your private guide-driver at 8am at your Bethlehem hotel or the Bethlehem side of Checkpoint 300 if coming from Jerusalem: Checkpoint 300 is about 30 minutes from Damascus Gate by bus.
Start at the famous Church of the Nativity, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that's built on the spot where many believe Jesus was born: it's the world's oldest church in regular daily use. You'll also visit the Cave of St. Jerome, below the church, where many believe he translated the bible. You'll visit the Church of St. Catherine and the Milk Grotto shrine, then to Beit Sahour, considered the city of the shepherds. Visit the Shepherd's Field, where the angel appeared to the shepherds and told them about Jesus' birth.
Relax in air-conditioned comfort as you drive towards Jordan River. Along the way, you'll pass by various religious sites: St. Theodosius' Monastery, where some believe the wise men hid from Herod the Great after they visited the baby Jesus in Bethlehem, and al-Eizariya, which many believe to be Lazarus' Bethany village.
Visit Qasr el Yahud, the baptismal site in Jordan River and a chance to renew your baptism if you wish. After that continue to Dead Sea where you will get the chance to float in the lowest and saltiest sea in the world. Dead Sea is full of minerals and its mud is very good for the skin.
Drive back either to Checkpoint 300 or your Bethlehem hotel, where your tour will finish at 4pm.
Departure Point :Checkpoint 300/Bethlehem Road, Jerusalem
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Walking is involved
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.