Private Day Hike from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan with Transfer from Kathmandu
Spend a day exploring the rolling hills of Nagarkot, a beautiful area situated to the east of the Kathmandu Valley, on this private day hike. Learn about different cultures and hike up to ancient buildings and remote villages. Take an early morning drive to the perfect place to witness a famous sunrise and sunset over the snow-capped mountains. Try not to stare directly at the breathtaking Himalayan sun as it crests the snow-capped mountains. Journey on a hike that will lead you to remote villages to learn about the lifestyles of ethnic groups like the Tamangs and the Newars. Visit Changu Narayan Temple, one of the oldest temples in Nepal, built by Lichhavi King Mandev and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Nagarkot and from Changunarayan to Kathmandu
- Expert tour guide
- Lunch on local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee of Changu Narayan Temple
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan
What's excluded :
- Beverages and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Telkot Nagarkot Road, 44600, Nepal
09:00 am: Guide picks you up from Hotel’s Lobby and move to hiking start point near Nagarkot (about 45 minutes’ drive)
10:00 am: Your hiking starts from Telkot, Nagarkot (about 2 hours)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Changu Narayan, Bhaktapur Nepal
12:00 pm: You would move to Changu Narayan Temple, start sightseeing of Changu Narayan Temple. Enjoy your Lunch at restaurant (own cost)
01:00 pm: Drive back to Kathmandu
02:00 pm: Drop off at your Hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick up and drop off services from Hotels inside Kathmandu city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring drinking water, a camera, a sunhat, sunscreen, and a pair of binoculars
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- Changu Narayan is supposed to be the oldest pagoda style Hindu temple in Nepal
- Enjoy the beautiful Nepalese landscape and observe the typical local lifestyle of the ethnic groups like the Tamangs and the Newars.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- One of the oldest inscription of King Manadev is situated here.
- We offer pick and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road. For hotels outside ring road you need to pay additional charge.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.