Private Day Excursion to Zhouzhuang from Shanghai
Explore the unique waterways and unchanged daily life of Zhouzhuang, the number one water village in China
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round Trip Transfer from Hotels within Shanghai's Middle Ring Freeway
- Deluxe Traditional Chinese Lunch
- English Speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuities
- The highly recommended village of Zhouzhuang is called the “number one water village in China” by overseas visitors. Its glamour is based on its profound culture. The majority of the town´s residences were built during the Ming and Qing dynasties with nearly 100 classic courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways still in use.
Visit the old residences of Zhang Hall and Shen Hall. Shen Hall was once the private property of a descendant of Shen Wansan, the first millionaire in Jiangnan (south of the Yangtze River) during the early Ming dynasty. During this trip, we will also visit the well-known Double Bridge, the famous Buddhist monastery Quanfu Temple, and a holy Taoist temple. Made of stone, the firm and simple arched bridge of the Double Bridges were build during the Ming dynasty. Built during the Song dynasty, Quanfu Monastery Temple has no wall surrounding it (unlike most temples in china) but is surrounded by water lanes. Also built in the Song dynasty, the Taoist Temple stands opposite Puging Bridge on Zhongshi Street.
All this in addition to a relaxing boat ride through the water ways is also sure to help create memories that will last a lifetime.
This experience is also available in a private format. Immerse yourself in the history of Shanghai with the assistance of your own personal guide!
Departure Point :Centrally located hotel in Shanghai
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.