Private Day Excursion to Kandy
Kandy, more popularly known as the hill capital of Sri Lanka, is an attractive tourist destination. Its history dates back to the 15th century, when it was the last royal capital of the country. Kandy has an abundance of culture around it; the Temple of the Tooth being the most popular attraction. The centre of the city is situated in a valley which is elevated at 600m above sea level. Kandy Lake is an artificial creation by one of the past rulers and today, it is a scenic centre piece of the town. Kandy has it all! A day tour to Kandy should not be missed out on your tour to Sri Lanka.
per adult from
11 to 13 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Entry/Admission - Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya Road, Peradeniya 20400 Sri Lanka
The gardens were originally conceived in 1371 by Sinhalese kings. In 1821, the British turned them into botanical gardens and began conserving the many plant species found in Sri Lanka, including spices. The vegetation is largely tropical and there are more than 4000 plant species, including orchids, spices, medicinal plants and palm trees. A visit to Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens is a great way to experience how a typically British creation has become part of Sri Lankan life. The garden welcomes two million visitors each year!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
The Temple of the Tooth is one of the most sacred Buddhist sites in the world, and the most visited in Sri Lanka. Sitting within the royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy, the temple holds the tooth relic of Buddha, which was smuggled from India in the IVth Century CE. The Tooth Relic has played an important role in local politics since ancient times because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. The Tooth Relic is enshrined in no less than 7 golden caskets. The shrine opens briefly at certain times of the day, so you may catch a glimpse of it. A visit to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic will leave you with unforgettable memories of Sri Lankan life, Buddhist worship and ancient history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kandy Lake, Centre of Kandy City, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
The Kandy Lake, situated right across the Dalada Maligawa is regarded as the centerpiece of the Kandy Town and was built by King Sri Wickrama Rajasingha, in 1807. Later in 1810, the king built a dam across the paddy fields, for the purpose of reaching the opposite side of the lake. The extent of Kandy Lake is 6,544 sq. m and the circumference is 3.21 km. There is a building located on a small island in the center of the lake, together with some ancient ruins, was known as Diyatilaka Mandapaya in the past. It is believed that the Kings used this pavilion for relaxation. The British later used it as an ammunition store and added a fortress-style parapet around its perimeter. However, the lake looks magnificent at any time of the day or night, with flowery floating islands and a calm and serene path that runs around its entire edge.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue, Bahirawa Kanda Rd, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Bahirawa Kanda temple is very famous tourist attraction in Kandy. The omnipresent statue can be seen from almost anywhere in Kandy city. Climbing the numerous steps to the top gives one a sense of peace, serenity and harmony; and a stunning and gorgeous panoramic view of charming Kandy. Being one of the tallest and most beautiful Buddha statues in Sri Lanka and Kandy’s most revered religious monuments, this Bahirawakanda Vihara has become a popular attraction for tourists.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all places in Negombo and Colombo Airports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.