Private Day Excursion to Chanderi from Orchha
On this full-day trip from Orchha, visit the 11th century historical town of Chanderi situated in the Central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Explore the town's numerous landmarks like Babur's Mosque, Khuni Darwaza and Koshak Mahal and find out about Chanderi's rich history from your guide. The visit includes a vegetarian picnic lunch. This is a private tour, limited to no more than 15 travelers per booking.
• Historical town of Ashoknagar
• Only mosque in India without minars
• Khandargiri Jain temples
• Hand-woven Chanderi sarees
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Vegetarian picnic lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food & beverages, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chanderi, Chanderi, Ashoknagar District, Madhya Pradesh
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Chanderi that is at a distance of 70 miles from Orchha.
The history of this town can be traced back from the early Vedic period to several later kingdoms - the Delhi Sultanate in the 13th century, the Tughlaq dynasty and the Mughals in the 16th century.
You will visit the 15th century ruins of Koshak Mahal, built entirely out of white sandstone. Your guide will tell you the tragic tale of the legendary Kati Ghati Gateway.
Drive to the Khandagiri Jain temples, which were cut out of stone around 700 years ago. The major highlight of this set of temples is a gigantic 45 feet statue of the first Jain Tirthankara, Rishabnath that is carved on the surface of a hillock.
Apart from its historic monuments, Chanderi is also famous for its hand-woven Chanderi sarees.
Enjoy a home-cooked vegetarian picnic lunch. After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel in Orchha
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Orchha, Madhya Pradesh 472246, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Comfortable casual attire and walking shoes are recommended.
- Ensure you have adequate sun protection.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.