Private Custom Tour with Local Driver in Athens or Nafplio with Lunch
Make the best of your Athens or Nafplio visit with a private tour driver/guide and explore with a local on your side. Whether you are based in Athens city, Piraeus port or Nafplio town/port, visit the best of these areas in a very relaxed way. No rushing, no time limitations. With transportation in a private vehicle, you can explore the sites at your own leisure on this fully customizable tour.
Very suitable for people revisiting the country and need to select their own itinerary OR for new comers that want to get their orientation right & anxiety free!
Book this tour and plan the exact itinerary with your local driver/guide based on your special requirements and his inside knowledge. Feel comfortable and part of the local life with this special non touristy tour that only a talented guide with a heap of local knowledge can offer.
The tour focuses on what makes Greece unique; hospitality, spontaneity, the food, the people, the... experience.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour whether you are a solo traveler or a group of 8 related people
- Full and detailed itinerary of the trip
- Pickup and drop-off (Athens hotel, cruise ship/Piraeus port, Athens airport OR Nafplio accommodation, port)
- Private driver and brand new vehicles only (2019-20)
- Non-smoking driver/guide and vehicle
- Traditional Greek lunch at a special non touristy location - your drive's/guide's treat and always an important part of the tour
- Coffee/drink with a view, on us too
- In-car bottled water and information booklet
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of one carry-on bag
What's excluded :
- Pickup and drop-off in areas outside of Athens area (subject to additional costs)
- Entrance fees to the sites in Athens (Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Agora, etc) or in Nafplio area (Mycenae, Palamidi, Epidaurus)
- Professional guide
- Shopping stops unless specifically required by the passenger/s
- Gratuites (optional)
- Take full advantage of our online support from the local supplier to plan your private tour together based on any special interests you have that could determine extra stops or visits.
>> Athens Tour: A typical day tour starting from Athens will include some of the following which aim to offer to you an offbeat look.
• Pickup from your Athens hotel or Athens airport or Piraeus port (if on a cruise ship)
• Anafiotika walk around the Acropolis "rock"
• Psiri, Gazi, Athens Central Market
• Drive to Mount Lycabettus and St George church with a view of Athens and the coastline
• Piraeus port and coastline marinas
• Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon (half day)
• Hidden gems
• Drop-off to your pickup locationOnly some of the above will be part of your itinerary, based on your personal interests and subject to the time needed for each of one them. Please note that the obvious places like Acropolis, Plaka, Monastiraki, museums, National garden, Zappeion, Panathenaic stadium, etc, are not included but of course can be part of your day tour or you can easily do at your own leisure.
>> Nafplio Tour: A typical day tour starting from Nafplio will include all of the following:
• Pickup from your Nafplio hotel or port of Nafplio (if on a cruise ship)
• Visit of Mycenae archaeological site and museum
• Venetian fortress of Palamidi (Nafplio town)
• Epidaurus Ancient Theater
• Back to Nafplio town and car/walk tour of the Old Town and the top of the Akronafplia rocky peninsular
• Drop-off at your hotelAll of the above can be part of your Nafplio area tour itinerary and if you have time limitations, adjustments can be made. Optionally, a visit to ancient Corinth and Corinth canal can be included.
Both trips take between 9 hours and are flexible based on your personal travel arrangements.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any Athens hotel or Airbnb, the Athens airport, Piraeus and Nafplio port or Hydra island. Possible extra cost for some locations.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 related people per booking
- The Nafplio tour normally starts from Nafplio and the Athens tour from Athens, but both locations can optionally be visited from the two hour distant town/city
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.