Private Custom Tour: One Day in Kaohsiung
Customize your own personal itinerary and explore this harbor city at your own pace. Enjoy a flexible trip to your schedule and discover the hidden germs of this city.
Two options to tailor-make a half-day or full-day trip based on your interests. Be sure to contact the tour operator to pre-plan your itinerary after booking. Your private tour starts with pick-up from the coordinate time and location.
In addition to your personal “must-sees”, your tour guides provides you suggestions according to your interests. By the way, every tour guide has his/her own pocket list! Don’t forget to take insider’s tips and insights.
If you are a first-time visitor, check out our recommended attractions, and enjoy a laidback and carefree trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Liability insurance
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - The British Consulate At Takao
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fo Guang Shan, No.153, Xingtian Road, Dashu District, Dashu District, Kaohsiung 84049 Taiwan
Fo Guang Shan is a large monastery founded by Master Hsing Yun in 1967. The signature of the temple is the huge statue of Buddha Amitabha in gold colour that can be seen from miles away.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Spring and Autumn Pavilion, Lianchitan, Zuoying District, Zuoying, Kaohsiung Taiwan
Spring and Autumn Pavilions are two pavilion built in the 1950s dedicated to Kuan Kung, the God of War. In front of the pavilions is a statue of Guanyin riding a dragon, as to depict the vision of the Goddess of Mercy.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dragon Tiger Tower, Liantan Rd 9, Zuoying, Kaohsiung Taiwan
Dragon and Tiger Pagodas are the most famous and classic spot in Kaohsiung. The dragon's throat is the entrance and the tiger's mouth is the exit, which symbolizes turning bad luck to good fortune.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lianchi (Lotus) Lake, Lientan Rd., Zouyin Dist., Zuoying, Kaohsiung Taiwan
Lianchi Lake (Lotus Lake) is the iconic attraction in Kaohsiung. From the north edge to the south edge, famous attractions like Confucius Temple, Spring and Autumn Pavilions and Dragon, and Tiger Pagodas are situated around the lake.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The British Consulate At Takao, No. 20 LianHai Road, Gushan District, Gushan, Kaohsiung Taiwan
The British Consulate at Takow Cultural Park (Former British Consulate at Takao) was built in 1879 as an administrative office for consular and trade affairs. The residence is situated on the hill overlooking Takao Harbor (now Port of Kaohsiung), where as the office is under the hill and connected by a trail. It is also a famous sunset spot among the local people.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: The Dome of Light, Zhongshan 1st Road, No. 115, the next floor, Xinxing, Kaohsiung 800 Taiwan
Situated at the Kaohsiung MRT transfer station for the Red Line and Orange Line (Formosa Boulevard Station), Dome of Light was created by renowned artist Narcissus Quagliata, it is the world's largest public art installation made from individual pieces of colored glass.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Liuhe Tourist Night Market, Liuhe Rd, Qianjin Dist, Daliao, Kaohsiung 800 Taiwan
Liuhe Night Market is the oldest and most typical night market in Kaohsiung. Here you have a chance to taste the city’s signature street foods like the seafood congee, steamed salted shrimps, papaya milk drink, rice cake, Stinky Tofu…
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in Kaohsiung City Center. If the hotel lobby is located on an upper level, please meet the tour guide on the ground level of the hotel building. Exact pick-up time will be provided by local operator upon confirmation.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Private Custom Tour: One Day in Kaohsiung 7/23/2020 - 11/4/2021
Travel by Mini Bus 7/23/2020 - 11/4/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair users need to bring their own folding wheelchairs, the vehicle is not able to accommodate power chairs.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Free masks are only available for those guests who do not have their own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.