Private Cultural and Historical Singapore Food Tour with Local Hawker Centre
Eat like a local on a food tour.
Culturally immersive experience.
An in-depth exploration of Singapore's history and culture through food. Sightseeing and food tastings in Kampong Glam, Little India, Katong and Old Airport Road Hawker Centre. Included are 10+ foodie tastings in 5.5 hours.
Throughout the tour, you will discover the histories and stories behind the foods that you eat, as well as the restaurants and neighbourhoods that you eat them in. This tour will give you a solid understanding of what it means to ‘eat like a local’ and how Singapore’s iconic dishes became embedded into Singapore’s culture.
Foodie tastings: Kaya Toast or Curry Puff and Kopi, Bak Chang, Kuehs and Laksa in Katong. One or two distinctly Singaporean dishes from a choice of Hokkien Mee, Rojak, Popiah and Carrot Cake at Old Airport Road Hawker. Teh Tarrik, Beef Rendang or Murtabak in Kampong Glam. Dosa and Indian sweets and / or Masala Milk in Little India.
Hotel pickups are available.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food, try more than 10 dishes: kaya toast, Bak Chang, Kuehs, Laksa, Hokkien Mee, Rojak, Popiah etc
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Hello Singapore
What's excluded :
- Transportation to (unless a hotel pick up is booked) /from the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hello Singapore, Singapore Singapore
If you book onto our small group food tour of Singapore you will join a mixed group of maximum 8 guests. Small group food tours run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and start at 9 am in the East Coast/Katong area of Singapore. Full details on the meeting point are provided upon booking. Tours last 5.5 hours and finish at 2:30 pm in Little India.
Over the course of the 5.5 hours food tour, we will undertake an in-depth exploration of Singapore’s food culture, covering 4 core geographic areas and sample over 10 authentic dishes of all the main ethnics’ background. You will dive into the history of food in Modern Singapore, from it’s founding in 1819 by Sir Stamford Raffles through to the present day and re-emerge from it with full bellies!
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Katong District, East Coast Road, Singapore Singapore
Learn about the early Chinese immigrants to Singapore and the distinctive Peranakan culture where many traditional Singaporean dishes were born out of the culture
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mountbatten, Mountbatten, Singapore
A visit to the Old Airport Road Hawker Centre, it is home to so many ‘hawker legends’ and try one or two distinctly Singaporean dishes from a choice of Hokkien Mee, Rojak, Popiah and Carrot Cake.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kampong Glam, Singapore Singapore
Kampong Glam is the centre of the Malay community in Singapore and is where the stunning Sultan’s Mosque is located. Try the most popular local foods from the Malay, Arabic and Indonesian communities. Teh Tarik, Beef Rendang and Murtabak are options on our foodie menu.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Sultan Mosque, 3 Muscat Street Masjid Sultan, Singapore 198833 Singapore
Sultans Mosque is named after Sultan Hussain Shah and it is now a national monument
Pass By: 21A Haji Lane 21A Haji Lane, Singapore 189214 Singapore
Explore the famous Haji Lane during your tour
Stop At: Little India, Serangoon Road, Singapore Singapore
Discover why the Indian community chooses to settle in this district of Singapore and learn about how it developed over time. We will be trying a popular savory Indian dish called Dosa and then finishing with some Indian sweets and/or Masala Milk.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Little India Arcade, 48 Serangoon Rd, Singapore 217959 Singapore
Check out the indoor market at Little India
Departure Point :204 E Coast Rd, Singapore 428903
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Changi Airport, Airport Boulevard, Singapore Singapore
- Marina Bay Cruise Centre
- Singapore Cruise Centre
Return Detail :Little India, Singapore
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, lots of sun protection and wear a hat or bring an umbrella for sun protection.
- Please note that is does rain most days in Singapore for at least 30 minutes to an hour so please be prepared for rain and bring a rain coat or umbrella. Tours will continue in wet weather.
- You need to bring at least 1 litre of water per person so ensure that you do not become dehydrated in the heat. This tour does not include water, only tea and coffee as specified in the tour description.
- Should you wish to use any taxis during your tour instead of the bus or walking (excluding the one to the start point) they are payable by yourself and are not included in the tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- You must be able to walk 2 miles / 3km at a reasonable walking speed in hot, humid weather
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than one week (more than 168 hours) in advance we will give you a full refund (excluding the booking service fee). If you cancel between 7 days and 2 days (between 167 and 48 hours before) we will give you a 50% refund (excluding any service charge). No refund under 48 hours cancellation
- This tour is not suitable for people with dietary restrictions, the food on the tour contain milk, meat, pork, prawns, fish, wheat / gluten and spice.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.