Private Cooking Class: Russian traditional Blini with red caviar and Shchi in pipkin
Prepare a trio of traditional Russian dishes during a private cooking class in St Petersburg. This 3-hour hands-on class focuses on local culinary heritage, providing you the techniques and ingredients needed to make Shchi cabbage soup cooked in a pipkin pot, delectable Siberian Pelmeni or dumplings and Russian Blini served with red salmon caviar—a popular dish among tsars. Learn facts about each dish and its origins as you go, then sit down to enjoy your well-earned gastronomic feast with friends.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Cooking class with lunch (eat what you have cooked)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Enjoy a 3-hours cooking class led by a professional local chef who will teach you about Russian's cuisine heritage.
Meet the driver at your hotel's lobby and follow him directly to the centre of Saint-Petersburg to participate in this cooking class. Get ready to cook three courses featuring staple dishes such as "Shchi" (traditional Russian white cabbage soup) in pipkin, covered and baked with dough, then сontinue uncovering the secrets of Russian cooking preparing famous Siberian Pelmeni. Top off your classic Russian meal with Russian Blini with red salmon caviar - a popular tzar's dish on Russian Spring carnival Maslenitsa. As you prepare your meal, learn interesting facts about Russian gastronomy from your local chef. After cooking, enjoy your hand-made meal and have a conversation with your friends in a cozy dining area. Whether you've got years of culinary know-how under your belt, or preparing Russian cuisine is something brand new, you'll enjoy the cultural experience and create unforgettable memories in this informal atmosphere!
Your class ends with a transfer back to your hotel.
• Shchi - Traditional Russian white cabbage soup
• Russian Blini - Popular Tzar's dish on Russian Spring carnival Maslenitsa.
• Siberian Pelmeni - Russian pelmeni is dumplings with ground meat inside usually, cook by boiling. The meat wrapped in thin unleavened dough.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your St. Petersburg hotel/hostelPlease contact the local operator directly after booking to confirm your exact pick up locationDirections: Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel/hostelDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour as a shore excursion: additional payment US$ 100 for blanket visa and rountrip private transfer cruise ship - tour attractions - cruise ship (US$ 100 for all the travellers, not per person). Minimum 2 travellers required. Details needed for blanket visa: passport name, number, date of birth and country for all the passengers. Please send them shortly after the booking. Booking should be made at least 7 days before the ship arrival date.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.