Private Chinese Culture Workshop with Mandarin and Calligraphy Learning
Enjoy an introduction to Chinese language and calligraphy with this 3-hour culture class accompanied by tea break. Held in a private Chinese room at Nanxincang Culture and Art Street. The language section covers basic greetings and interactions, and offers insider tips on getting around Beijing. Under the expert eye of a master calligrapher, you’ll practice using the tools of the trade: brushes, ink and paper. Try your hand at writing Chinese characters in an artistic style. Take your completed calligraphy work home as a special souvenir of your cultural experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Tea cover class
- Hotel pickup for hotels within the 3rd ring road of Beijing
- One-way private transfer
- Entry/Admission - Nanxincang Culture and Leisure Street
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nanxincang Culture and Leisure Street, No.22 Dongsishitiao, Beijing China
Your tour guide will pick you up at the prearranged time, then hop on a private vehicle to the traditional Chinese room in which the culture lesson is held.
Your experience begin with the welcome tea, gaining artistic inspiration from the decoration and furniture of the traditional Chinese room. Then you will start to learn the basics of the Chinese language (Mandarin) with a friendly teacher during a 1-hour class. Chinese language is widely regarded as being too difficult for a foreigner to even attempt to understand. The class are personalized to teach basics like survival phrases and polite ways to interact with locals; you will learn fundamentals like how to count from one to ten and more. Get to learn how to ask questions about daily life in Beijing, how to ask directions, how to order food in Chinese restaurant etc.
After a short beak, continue your calligraphy learning. Under the careful guidance of your teacher, try your hand at using genuine Chinese tools; Gain knowledge of the Four Treasures and how to use them: brush, ink, paper, and ink stone. Learn to write your favorite Chinese character and your name on a square piece of paper.
When you have finished your calligraphy lesson, bid your teacher farewell and take your leave with a unique souvenir to bring home. Your tour will ends here, you can choose to explore the surrounding area on your own, your tour guide can help you to get a taxi to your next destination.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up in the lobby of your hotel if your hotel is within the 4th ring road of Beijing city, if your hotel is out of the 4th ring road, you can travel to city to meet our guide or hotel pick up may have extra cost
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age under 4 is free to join
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.