Private Chengdu Experience: Giant Pandas and the Sanxingdui Museum
Get to the heart of Sichuan culture on this 9-hour private day trip that introduces you to the iconic giant panda and the ancient kingdom of Shu. Start by exploring the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, then progress to the Sanxingdui Museum, home to spectacular artifacts dating back to China's ancient Shu culture, over 3,000 years ago.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private day tour
- Private transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket fees
- Entry/Admission - Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi)
- Entry/Admission - Guanghan Sanxingdui Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi), No.1375 Xiongmao Avenue the Outside Northern Third Ring Road, Chenghua District, Chengdu 610081 China
Your personal tour guide and private driver will collect you from your hotel at 8 am. Your first stop is the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, a conservation facility that's spearheaded the preservation of this endangered species and Chinese icon: it's around half an hour from downtown Chengdu.
The pandas are at their most active in the mornings, so you should be able to watch the bears feasting on bamboo. At most times of year, you'll also be able to see the baby pandas, and learn how they grow from tiny pink creatures the size of a mouse to gigantic adults that often weigh over 220 pounds (100 kilograms). The landscaped base is also home to red pandas and a lake with swans and koi carp.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Guanghan Sanxingdui Museum, West of Guanghan, Guanghan 618305 China
Your guide will recommend some good choices for lunch, including local specialties, which is at your own expense. After lunch, take a step back in time. It's a little under an hour's drive to the Sanxingdui Museum in Guanghan. This beautifully designed contemporary museum is home to relics from the ancient walled city of Sanxingdui (Three-Star Mound), founded around 3,600 years ago. The stunning bronzework and artifacts date back to 1200-1100BC and are highlights of China's ancient Shu culture, one of the nation's earliest civilizations.
From here, it's about an hour's drive back and drop off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup service is available for Chengdu hotels within the 3rd ring road, please provide your hotel information while booking, local tour guide will pick you up from your hotel reception
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Entrance tickets and meal fees are excluded in this tour, please pay on the spot
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.