Private Canadian WW1 Vimy & Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras or Lille
Stand in the tunnels where Canadian troops stood before the assault on Vimy Ridge, visit the Canadian and German trenches. You will see the scattered landscape of the Newfoundland Memorial Park in Beaumont Hamel. Thiepval Memorial, Courcelette Canadian Memorial will also been visited.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- A booklet recording the event
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Thiepval Memorial
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canadian National Vimy Memorial, Chemin des Canadiens Route D55, 62580 Givenchy-en-Gohelle France
You will visit the trenches where Canadian and German soldiers stood just before the assault. You will go down in the Grange Tunnel where The PPCL and the Black Watch stood. You will visit the newly built Visitor Center and will walk around the impressive Memorial on ridge 145.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Courcelette Canadian Memorial, Nord Route Nationale, 80300 Courcelette France
You will stand near the Canadian Memorial, a Granit stone at Courcelette.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lochnagar Crater, Route de la Grande Mine, 80300 Ovillers-la-Boisselle France
You will see the crater cretaed by a mine explosion on 1 July 1916.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thiepval Memorial, Rue de L'Ancre, 80300 Authuille France
See the Memorial and spend some time in the visitor Center.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'Eglise, 80300 Beaumont-Hamel France
You will stand at the trenchesfrom where New Foundland troops went over the top on 1 July 1916, walk along the Danger Tree, stand near the Caribu and will have a sight on this preserved battlefield.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at your hotel in Lille or Arras or at their train stations.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after every tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.