Private Besalú & 4 Medieval Towns Tour with Hotel PickUp from Barcelona
Travel back in time to discover Besalú and several other medieval towns during this exciting private tour! Our knowledgeable guide will pick you up at your accommodation in Barcelona and take you through Besalú, Vic, Santa Pau and Castellfollit de la Roca, where you will get to know the rich medieval heritage of Catalunya.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Walking Tour by Vic, Santa Pau, and Besal
- Hotel or apartment pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Plaza de Cataluna, Placa de Catalunya, 08206 Barcelona Spain
This tour will start from your accommodation in Barcelona.
Your guide will pick you up at any apartment or hotel in Barcelona, you are staying in. Please, make sure to specify the exact adress of your accomodation when booking.
After the pick-up is completed, you will head to the first destination of your tour.
The first destination of this tour is Vic. Vic is one of the most important medieval cities in Catalonia. You will be travelling with a maximum of 8 people and your guide. On the road, your guide will be explaining important and curious things that you will see in the scenery. You will certainly enjoy the beautiful landscape, while heading to your first stop.
Pass By: Placa Major, 08500, Vic Spain
Plaça Major de Vic is the biggest square of the city. You will defenitely pass on this square, where you will see the town hall - a Gothic building, the Casa Comella - a 19th century modernist palace and other interresting buildings. In the middle of the square is a large open space without pavement where fairs, markets and concerts are held.
Pass By: Templo Romano de Vic, Carrer del Pare Xifre, 08506, Vic Spain
The guide will show you the most interessant heritage from the medieval era in Vic. The Roman Temple of Vic was the ancient Roman temple of Ausa. Through the years, it has been preserved in perfect condition. It is one of the two Roman temples of Spain, to have been completely preserved.
In Vic, you will have the chance to taste the tipical Catalan Gastronomy. Your guide will be the perfect person to reccomend the best places to eat.
Pass By: Castellfollit de la Roca Spain
When leaving Vic, you will pass in Castellfollit de la Roca. This little medieval village is located on the top of a 40 meters cliff of a very mysterious basaltic wall.
An other village, you will get to see is Santa Pau, located in the south-east of the plain of Olot, in the heart of the volcanic zone.
These places are very beautiful locations, perfect occasion to take amazing pictures.
Pass By: Bridge of Besalu, Carrer del Pont Vell, 17, 17850, Besalu Spain
The last stop of this tour is Besalú. This town is dated from the Middle Ages, and you will discover its cultural and natural heritage.
Its narrow streets will lead you to the center of the town in one of the best conserved medieval old towns of Catalonia, which was named Historical and Artistic National Monument in 1996.
Your guide will explain you the importance of the jewish community who lived during the Middle Ages in the town and its patrimonial inheritance.
Finally you will see the masterpiece of Besalú, the medieval bridge. This bridge is very famous in all the catalan territory because of its views from this medieval architecture bridge with an antique and charming essence.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- We will pick you up from any hotel or apartment in Barcelona. Please make sure to include the address of your accommodation when booking.- Even if your Hotel is not listed, you can type it down in the field.- We will send a message 24 hours prior departure through the booking system to inform you on the specific pick-up time at your hotel as well as the name of your guide and the telephone number.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Other languages available upon request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- In order to guarantee the safety of both the visitors and the team, In-Out has adapted all the hygiene and safety protocols in accordance with the requirements set by the competent and valid organizations and authorities at each stage.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.