Private Beijing Layover Tour: PEK Airport to Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs
This private Beijng layover tour will guide you to the famous Mutianyu Great Wall - one of seven wonders in the world. You will see the most beautiful view section of the wall. Sightseeing, hiking, and photo taking, stroll the underground palace and explore the ancient Ming Tombs, built to house the emperors of the Ming dynasty. Private vehicle with basic English-speaking driver service for you.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Round-trip private transfer
- Professional driver
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Personal expense
- You will be picked up upon your arrival at Beijing Capital Airport, and get to the famous Mutianyu Great Wall after one-hour driving. There is an option of shuttle bus, cable car or chair lift (at your own expense) to the top of the mountain, then start your hiking on the 600-year-old Ming Dynasty Great Wall. You can hike from 2 to 4 hours depending on your fight schedule. Enjoy the view and take some excellent pictures. After hiking, you can take the cable car or toboggan down the hill.
In the afternoon from Mutianyu, its on to the sacred Ming Tombs, burial grounds to 13 of the 16 Ming emperors. Situated just outside the city, only three of the tombs are actually open for viewing. Here you will have the opportunity to visit the burial chamber of Dingling Underground Palace. Dingling Underground Palace is the only tomb to have been excavated. Buried here are three individuals; Emperor Wan-li (died 1620), Empress Wang (died 1620), and another Empress Wang (died 1611). The Emperor Wan-li was the last of the great Ming Emperors, reigning 48 years, longer than any Chinese Emperor since the Han Emperor Wu of the 2nd century B.C. Alongside him are his wife and 1st concubine. After your Dingling visit, you will be driven back the Beijing Capital Airport to catch your flight. Alternatively, you can be dropped at your centrally located Beijing hotel by our comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Beijing Capital Airport (PEK) or hotelDeparture Time: 6:00 AMReturn Details: Beijing Capital Airport (PEK) or hotelAirports
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.