Private Beijing Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall and Forbidden City with Cable Car and Meal
If your plane is passing through Beijing on the way to other destinations, don’t spend the day inside the airport. Instead, take this layover tour to explore the Great Wall at Mutianyu Section, and discover the charms of the Forbidden City and Tian'anmen Square. Your informative local guide will take you by private vehicle to the sites according to the time of your layover, after the tour you will be transferred back to the airport. Tour includes all entrance fee, cable car round trip, local meal, an English-speaking guide and transport by private vehicle. Tour can start from Beijing International Airport(PEK) or Beijing Daxing Airport.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fee
- Cable car round trip or ski lift up and toboggan ticket
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
Your private layover tour of Beiing begins with pickup at Beijing International Airport(PEK) or Beijing Daxing Airport depending on your flight arrival.
Your informative local guide will take you by private vehicle to the Great Wall at Mutianyu section, one of the seven wonders in the world and one of the few man made projects which you can see from space.
On the way to the Great Wall, about a 1.5 hour drive, your guide will explain the history and stories about the Great Wall. You will also enjoy the beautiful countryside scenery on the way.
On arrival of the Mutianyu Great Wall, you will take their shuttle bus to the foot of the mountain, then take either the cable car round trip or ski-lift up and toboggan down at the Great Wall. Spend 2-3 hours to hike the wall depending on your flight arrival and departure time.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Niaochao National Stadium, No.1 Guojia Tiyuchang South Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing China
Next, heading to Beijing city, if time allows, you are able to stop by to take photos at the iconic "Bird's Nest"– the Beijing National Stadium, where it had hosted many spectacular events during time of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Pass By: Water Cube, No.11 Tianchen East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing China
Driving pass by Water Cube
Pass By: Bell and Drum Towers, Di'anmen Wai Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Drive pass by the Drum tower area, the local street -Hutong allays, and Houhai lake area.
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Then exploring the Tian'anmen Square, home to the National Museum of China, and the great Monument to the Peoples’ Heroes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Pass through the south gate to the magnificent Forbidden City, a 250-acre complex of courtyards, palaces, pavilions and gardens, which served as the imperial palace for emperors and their households for more than 500 years.
The Forbidden City was the imperial palace from the Ming and Qing Dynasties. It is located in the middle of Beijing, and now houses the Palace Museum. For almost 500 years, it served as the home of emperors and their households, as well as the ceremonial and political center of Chinese government.
Your private tour ends with return transport to the Beijing International airport.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide will meet you at the arrival hall by holding your name signAirports
- Capital Airport, Shunyi, Beijing 101300 China
- Beijing Daxing International Airport, Daxing District, Beijing, China
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please make sure your trip suites the Visa free policy. If you are not able to go through customs for any reasons, please take your own responsibility. There is no refund for the same day cancellation
- The Great Wall, Tian'anmen Square and Forbidden city layover tour require at least 11 hours
- If flight lands before 14:30, the visit to the Great Wall will or Forbidden City will be secured. Otherwise, you can't make it because the Great Wall at Mutianyu open between 08:30 to 17:30
- Please note: 1st April thru 31st October - Forbidden City stops selling tickets at 16:00, and closes at 17:00
- Please note: 1st November thru 31st March - Forbidden City stops selling tickets at 15:30, and closes at 16:30
- Your guide will wait 90-minutes after your flight arrive, if you can not arrive the meeting point on time please contact your local operator in advance
- Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants (for getting your Forbidden City entrance ticket in advance)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.