Private Authentic Mexican Cooking Class with a Local Chef Manuel
Learn to cook with a local chef in Puerto Vallarta during this private culinary experience in his home kitchen! Your host for the day is Manu, a professionally trained chef who loves to create innovative, modern fusions of classic Mexican dishes. Manu will teach you to prepare traditional Mexican dishes with a modern twist, dishes you can replicate in your own kitchen at home. Enjoy the meal together in Manu's home, a small and simple but typical home in central Puerto Vallarta. Manu knows his city well so feel free to ask him for his recommendations for the best places in town to get amazing street food such as tacos al pastor and churros. Manu is experienced in catering to all types of tastes, allergies, and dietary restrictions. Upon booking, please be sure to let him know your preferences, if you have any.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class with your host Manu
- Local host
- Local beer
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Join Manu in his home kitchen to learn how to prepare an authentic Mexican meal together. During your Puerto Vallarta cooking lesson in your host's simple home, you can expect to learn how to make dishes such as mahi mahi ceviche, shrimp sopes, smoked marlin tacos, and flamed plantains; all with traditional techniques and ingredients. You can expect to cook for about an hour before sitting down to share the meal together. Manu's style of cooking is rooted in authentic Mexican cuisine, but includes influence from Asia and the Mediterranean.
• Traveling Spoon, Puerto Vallarta 48330 Mexico
• Mahi mahi ceviche or ahi tune poke with avocado
• Shrimp sopes or sopa de elote con rajas con crema (corn soup with poblano)
• Smoked marlin tacos with flamed plantains or beef shanks and nopales (cactus)
• Cacao arroz con leche (rice pudding with cacao)
Departure Point :Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note: this is not a professional cooking class, rather an experience to visit a local home to meet a local chef and share culture and cuisine together.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.