Private Authentic Croatian Cooking Class in Central Zagreb
Željka (pronounced Zelika) is a warm and wonderful host excited to share authentic, Zagreb-style Croatian recipes, food and culture with travelers.
Meet Željka in her centrally located, classic Zagreb apartment decorated with furniture and china from the last century. Sip on a homemade nut or berry liqueur and have a snack before joining Željka in her kitchen to prepare an authentic Zagreb-style 3-course Croatian meal from family recipes. You will prepare three dishes from scratch - a seasonal soup, meat or fish with sides, salad and a dessert. Based on the day of the week, the menu varies! You might try veal with wild mushrooms and potato dumplings one day and chicken with homemade noodles on another day. Discover the tips and techniques involved in Croatian cooking as well as the food culture and history of the city as you share the authentic meal you helped prepare. Don’t forget to ask Željka why Croatians use so many pumpkin seeds in their food!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class with your host Zeljka
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine or beer
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Join your host Željka in her home kitchen in central Zagreb and learn to cook an authentic Zagreb-style three-course Croatian meal from recipes that have been passed down through generations of her family. Start your culinary experience by sipping on a welcome drink of homemade liqueur made from nuts or berries and have a snack before joining your host in her kitchen. Your hands-on cooking class will last about 2 hours. You will prepare three dishes from scratch - a seasonal soup, meat or fish with sides, and a dessert. Based on the day of the week, the menu varies. Discover the techniques involved in Croatian cooking as well as the food culture and history of the city as you share the meal you helped prepare. Don’t forget to ask why Croatians use so many pumpkin seeds in their food! Your meal includes an aperitif, wine or beer and tea or coffee.
• Croatian vegetable and chicken soup with homemade noodles
• Veal with wild mushrooms, served with potato dumplings
• Green salad with traditional Zagreb-style pumpkin seed oil dressing
• Dessert of strudel, snenokle or dumplings with plum or apricot
Departure Point :Ul. Vladimira Nazora 2, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.