PRIVATE: Athens highlights from Piraeus-cruise ship, great lunch with the locals
Make the best of your Athens/Piraeus port stop with a unique PRIVATE tour. Your special tour driver/guide will provide a non touristy view and local feel of Athens, take you to lunch with authentic Greek food -where the locals eat out- and make best use of your available time. This is an attractive combination of an anxiety free with flexible duration tour, with a driver/guide that offers a personalized service for you to take full advantage. You will be visiting two of the city's highest points, to get an overview and enjoy the view. Drive through the very center of the city with quick stops at central points. You will also drive & optionally walk through the narrow streets of bustling Plaka & Monastiraki. Your local guide will treat you to an authentic Greek lunch to remember! Based on your boat's schedule, you will be visiting: Acropolis, ancient Agora, Temple of Zeus, the Olympic stadium, Sydagma square (changing of guards), but flexible to decide on the fly!
per adult from
What's included :
- Totally private tour for 1-8 related people
- Fully adjustable port pick up time to much your boat's arrival time, delays, etc (please contact your tour operator after booking)
- Pickup and drop-off
- Non smoking driver & vehicle - brand new vehicles only (2019-2020)
- Great lunch & drinks
- The operator's "lunch" locations are carefully tested and selected in advance to much the non touristy and authentic tour provided
- In-car bottled water and information booklet of the tour sites
- Very flexible itinerary
- Optional: Vegetarian lunch can be arranged in most cases. Please let us know in advance.
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to the sites
- Pickup or drop-off in areas outside of Athens area (but can be arranged)
- Professional guide (available on request)
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Entry/Admission - Panathenaic Stadium
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
The greatest and finest sanctuary of ancient Athens, dedicated primarily to its patron, the goddess Athena, dominates the centre of the modern city from the rocky crag known as the Acropolis.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Olympian Zeus, Leoforos Vasilissis Olgas Leoforos Amalias, Athens 105 57 Greece
The Temple of Olympian Zeus, also known as the Olympieion or Columns of the Olympian Zeus, is a former colossal temple at the center of the Greek capital Athens. It was dedicated to "Olympian" Zeus, a name originating from his position as head of the Olympian gods.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Changing of the Guard Ceremony, Syntagma Square Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Athens 10557 Greece
The Changing of the Guard at the Parliament Building at Syntagma Square in Athens is a fun bit of pageantry worth watching if you find yourself in the area at 11 a.m. each morning. The special military unit, called Evzones, of the Hellenic Army, stands perfectly still before changing positions in front of the Hellenic Parliament.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
The Agora was the heart of ancient Athens, the focus of political, commercial, administrative and social activity, the religious and cultural centre, and the seat of justice.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Panathenaic Stadium, Leof. Vasileos Konstantinou, Athina 116 35, Greece
The Panathenaic Stadium or Kallimarmaro (beautiful marble) is a multi-purpose stadium in Athens, Greece. One of the main historic attractions of Athens, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaka, Athens 10556 Greece
Optional: Plaka is the old historical neighborhood of Athens, clustered around the northern and eastern slopes of the Acropolis, and incorporating labyrinthine streets and neoclassical architecture. Plaka is built on top of the residential areas of the ancient town of Athens. It is known as the "Neighborhood of the Gods" due to its proximity to the Acropolis and its many archaeological sites.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre, 364 Andrea Syngrou Ave., Kallithea 17674 Greece
Optional: The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is a complex in the bay of Faliro in Athens which includes new facilities for the National Library of Greece (NLG) and the Greek National Opera (GNO), as well as the 210,000 m² Stavros Niarchos Park. The Center is a great location for enjoying the best view of Athens and its port Piraeus
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking - Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- OUR PERSONAL view: We implemenet all the protocols of the local authorities such as masks, sanitizing, social distancing, but most of all common logic and flexibility to adjust to each situation. We also do temperature & oxygen checks if needed. Most of all, we are in favor of "adjustive social distancing" and exploring safely in the open that will provide more freedom and safety. We can still be social while maintaining our personal space/distance and following the local rules. Please decide on your holiday with your own criteria considering your health, tolerance to risk but don't go for a holiday that is not going to be worry-free!
- PROTOCOLS in place while COVID-19 effects the world: All our tours have always been private and social distancing is easy and not new to us. Μaximum number of passengers per car/minivan is revised by the local authorities according to the epidemiological situation but being family or friends is the key to safety. Regular temperature check for staff & visitors is available. Staff required to regularly wash hands. Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas. Individual toiletries and/or hand sanitizer is available to guests & staff and required to use at every stop & departure during each day. We care about health! We expect YOU to be healthy before traveling!
- OUR GUIDES ARE LIKE FAMILY TO US: They care about our safety A LOT! Our tours are PRIVATE and already what you would call safe! We are in the open, exploring with spotless cars, sites with natural “social distancing,” non-touristy hotels & tavernas, local people & communities with “zero” cases!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please carry your own masks with you, and be prepared to use them when required or when you feel that will provide you with extra safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.