Private: At Home with the Intha on Inle Lake
Take a private half-day boat tour on Inle Lake for an intimate experience of daily life for the Intha people. Your guide shows you floating villages and farms, and introduces you to a farming family. Visit their home for conversation, taste the local cuisine, and explore the village. Includes private guide and boat, snacks, and pickup and drop-off at select hotels.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by boat
- Donation to local community
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Inle Lake
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- After morning pickup from your Inle Lake hotel, transfer to your boat.
As you cruise around the lake to meet local Intha people, your guide shares informative commentary about the history and culture of the region. Visit a farm constructed on an island that floats on the lake and meet the farmer. Learn about the Intha technique for leg-rowing and daily life on the lake, then stop at a local village to see the homes that perch on wooden stilts in the water.
Spend time with a local family in their home to experience their culture and customs. Try some local cuisine as you chat with the family members and your guide assists with translation.
After your time with the family, return by boat to your starting point where your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Centrally located hotel in Inle Lake
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Centrally located hotel in Inle Lake
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking allowed.
- Local contact number required at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.