Private Aswan Tour: Philae Temple, Aswan High Dam and Unfinished Obelisk
Enjoy Aswan's most popular three sites in a half-day tour to the High Dam, Philae Temple and Unfinished Obelisk from Aswan. See the vast High Dam, built to control the Nile’s annual floods. Take a motorboat ride to the ancient island Temple of Philae. Stroll the chambers and courtyards, and learn about their history from an Egyptology guide. Hear how the temple was moved to its site to prevent submersion in Lake Nasser. Tour includes air-conditioned transport, central Aswan hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Discover Aswan’s top sights in a half-day with a qualified tour guide.
- See the Aswan High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and Philae Temple
- Private tour with a private Egyptology guide means you learn more.
- Aswan hotel or cruise ship pickup and drop-off included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Transfers/pick up services and return by A/C vehicle.
- Qualified English Speaking Tour Guide
- Motorboat to get to Philae Temple.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sightseeing
- Lunch is optional in this tour.
- Tipping to the guide and driver.
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Philae
- Entry/Admission - Aswan High Dam
- Entry/Admission - Unfinished Obelisk
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Aswan, Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Nile River Valley
Begin your day with a pickup from your Aswan hotel / Nile cruise at 8:00am. From there, head out to explore the main landmarks of the city, including the High Dam and Philae Temple and Unfinished Obelisk.
Stop At: Temple of Philae, Island of Agilika, Aswan Egypt
You will take a short motor boat ride to the Philae temple. The temple was relocated to its current location by UNESCO after the building of the High Dam in order to prevent its inundation. The island was carefully selected to match the original settings on which the temple was originally built. Enjoy free time to explore the beauty of the temple and its surroundings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Aswan High Dam, Manteqet As Sad Al Aali, Aswan Egypt
The High Dam is an engineering wonder, built in 1960 to save Egypt from the flooding of the Nile. The Dam provides a huge water reservoir known as Lake Nasser, one of the biggest artificial lake in the world. At this landmark, you will see the huge hydro-power stations that provide Egypt with 10 percent of its electricity.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Unfinished Obelisk, Sheyakhah Oula, Aswan Egypt
then, to the Unfinished Obelisk,the largest known ancient obelisk, located in the northern region of the stone quarries of ancient Egypt.
End your tour by driving back to your hotel in Aswan.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels or Nile Cruises in Aswan
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- All Hotels / Nile cruises/Rental Apartments or Villas in Aswan East Bank
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.