Private Arequipa City Tour: Juanita Museum, Santa Catalina and Colonial Suburbs
Take a private city tour and discover Arequipa by private van. Explore "The White City" with its monastery and museum, including the famous Juanita Mummy, perfectly saved. Visit the colonial suburbs of Cayma, Sabandia and Yanahuara and enjoy a traditional Arequipenian meal for lunch after your tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A professional English speaking tour guide
- A professional driver with a private van
- Local Taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio de Santa Catalina
- Entry/Admission - Museo Santuarios Andinos
- Entry/Admission - Yanahuara
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monasterio de Santa Catalina, Santa Catalina 301, Arequipa Peru
In the morning your private driver and guide will meet you at your hotel to start your private city tour of Arequipa ´The White City´.
You will visit stunning attractions including the Monastery of Santa Catalina, that was built in 1579 and that served as a cloister for nuns from the sixteenth to the eighteenth centuries.
Also, the complex is a work of art designed applying Colonial architecture and built with white volcanic rock, also called Silla. Its walls enclose a complete religious world. Visit and do not miss its interesting rooms, little plazas and streets.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museo Santuarios Andinos, La Merced 110 A Media Cuadra De La Plaza De Armas, Arequipa Peru
Another place you should not miss and you will visit on your tour is the Juanita Mummy Museum (Museo Santuarios Andinos).
The museum accommodates the frozen mummy of Juanita and her artifacts. Juanita was a young teenage girl who was sacrificed by the Incas to the mountain gods on Ampato Mountain. She is the most famous mummy in the Andes due to her outstanding preservation in this museum. She is only on display during the months of May to December.
Preservation work is carried out during January to April. During these months another mummy will be on display.
After your visit to the museum, the tour will continue and you will explore the colonial suburbs of Cayma, Sabandia and Yanahuara.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yanahuara, Suburb of Arequipa, Arequipa Peru
Here you will appreciate the amazing views of the city and its volcanoes.
After your private city tour, you will enjoy the delicious Arequipian food for lunch at a Picanteria, local restaurant. After lunch we will transfer you back to your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If travellers are at hotels far from the center of Arequipa, we will pick them up for an extra cost. Please ask us about this option
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 6 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.