Private Amman City Sightseeing Tour
Amman, Jordan’s capital is the home to many outstanding historical and modern sites known to many as an open-air museum, the tour highlights to include The Citadel and Archaeological Museum, The Roman Theater, the Historic Rainbow Street—the birthplace of the His Majesty the Late King Hussein of Jordan, King Abdullah Mosque, and ending with an uptown drive-thru modern Amman to view the contrast from old to new Amman-Abdali Boulevard, the new place of gathering with high rise apartments, hotels, and dining facilities. The Amman Private Tour experience captures the best places
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Roman Amphitheater
- Entry/Admission - Royal Automobile Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roman Amphitheater, Al-Hashemi St., Amman Jordan
Under Roman rule, Amman was chosen as the glittering capital of the Roman Empire, but the city was then called Philadelphia, after its Ptolemaic ruler, Philadelphus.
The theatre was built in the period 138-161 CE, which dates back to the reign of Roman emperor Antoninus Pius. The sole centrepiece of the city, the magnificent masterpiece was designed to be northerly-oriented, to keep the sun off its spectators, and could seat up to 6,000 people on its steep stairs.
Like any other Roman Theatre in the world, it was constructed upon the same three building blocks: the cavea, the orchestra and the scaenae frons. The cavea is nothing more than the seating space that contained the largest number of spectators. The highest rank was known as ‘the gods’; although far from the stage, this section offered a good view, thanks to the lofty position and steepness of the stairs. The orchestra, on the other hand, is the area directly in front of the stage, reserved for VIPs to ensure they didn’t miss a split second of the action. The two stories rising from the stage upwards are the saenae fons, and were used as a backstage space of sorts.
It’s important to point out that spectators were intentionally separated by status, gender and nationality. The Romans had major control over the social hierarchy, and it was illustrated in all their archaeological works later on.
The government of Jordan started restoring the theatre in 1957. Sadly, none of the original material was used in the process, yet the final outcome was magnificent nonetheless.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Amman, Amman, Amman Governorate
The Amman Citadel is a historical site at the center of downtown Amman, the capital of Jordan. The L-shaped hill is one of the seven hills that originally made up Amman. Evidence of occupation since the pottery Neolithic period has been found and the hill was fortified during the Bronze Age
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Rainbow Street, Rainbow St, Amman Jordan
his street in Jebel Amman is a destination in itself. Ammanis come here every evening to promenade and to visit the many great cafes and restaurants – to see and be seen. There are plenty of shops if you come in the daytime (the area is good for souvenirs), but either way it's best explored by foot as the narrow one-way street easily clogs with traffic any time of day or night.
Stop At: Royal Automobile Museum, Al Hussein Public Parks, Amman 11953 Jordan
Automobile museum featuring classic cars, motorbikes & private plane from King Hussein's collection.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we can pick up the Travelers from anywhere in Amman
Departure Time :2/22/2020 - 10/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.