Private Akshardham Temple Tour
Akshardham temple is a Hindu Mandir located in East Delhi near the banks of the Yamuna River. It also houses India’s largest step well. Akshardham' means the divine abode of God. It is hailed as an eternal place of devotion, purity and peace.
• Akshardham Temple
• 148 life-sized elephant statues
• India’s Largest Step Well
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air conditioned transport
- Pick up and Drop off within New Delhi
- English Speaking Guide
- 02 bottle of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Swaminarayan Akshardham
What's excluded :
- Any Other Food, drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Swaminarayan Akshardham, Nh 24 Akshardham Setu, New Delhi 110092 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in New Delhi in a private, air conditioned vehicle and be driven to Akshardham Temple.
Upon arrival, visit the temple with your English speaking guide. The Swaminarayan Akshardham temple is a Hindu Mandir located in East Delhi near the banks of the Yamuna River. The main temple is 141 feet high, 316 foot wide and 356 feet long. It has 20,000 statues, 234 carved pillars and nine domes.
In the complex is the Yagnapurush Kund (a replica of a grand traditional step-well), which has 2,870 steps and 108 small shrines. The nine-lotus design of the central pool is a replica of a ritual yantra or arrangement used in sacred Hindu ceremonies.The mandir is a tribute to Bhagwan Swaminarayan (1781- 1830), the avatars, devas and great sages of Hinduism. The traditionally-styled complex was inaugurated on 6 November 2005 with the blessings of HH Pramukh Swami Maharaj.
At the end of your tour, you will be driven back to your hotel in New Delhi.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Partially wheelchair accessible.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- The Mandir is a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserve its sanctity and spiritual ambience, a strict dress code operates within the complex.
- Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Shorts and skirts must be at least below knee-length
- Sarong: In case your dress does not comply with above requirement, a free sarong is provided for your visit (Refundable Deposit Rs. 100) Please return the sarong at the exit.
- Following Items NOT ALLOWED in the complex:
- Mobile Phones, Cameras, Usb/Pen Drives, Music Devices, Electronic Items,Weapons,Umbrella,Luggage,Toys,Pets,Food And Drink,Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.