Private Acropolis Museum & Acropolis (Afternoon Walking Tour)
The Acropolis area is easy to walk and has so much to display. Seize the opportunity to delve into Athens rich history. Set out on your journey from prehistoric times and through the glorious 5th century B.C end up to the challenging and often turbulent modern era. Visit the unique Acropolis Museum and then avoiding the crowds and the heat of the day enjoy a detailed tour of the fabled Acropolis .
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed Guide
- Skip the line service
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees. 20 euros for the Acropolis, 10 euros for the Acropolis Museum
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Meet your expert guide and together walk to the Acropolis Museum. Before entering the museum, you will have a look at the remains of an ancient neighborhood of Athens that lie underneath. In the museum first you will see the models of the Acropolis and ancient Athens and then important finds from the slopes of the Acropolis. Proceed to the first floor to stand in awe before the sculptures of the first Parthenon, built in the 6th century B.C. Observe the traces of colours that still can be discerned on them. Next, admire the archaic statues that once upon a time decorated the top of the Acropolis. Among them the famous “calfbearer” and the “child of Kritias”. The renowned maidens of the Acropolis (the Caryatids), which decorated the Erectheion, will introduce you to the golden age of the greek sculpture (5th century B.C). Lastly, your guide will take you to the third floor, the Parthenon’s Gallery. There, he will explain to you the main concept and the arrangement of the third floor, he will tell you all the myths related to what you see and of course you will admire the excellence and unique beauty of the Parthenon sculptures.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
After the Acropolis Museum and always in the company of your licensed tour guide start walking up the south slope of the Acropolis of Athens, where first you will visit the Dionysos theater, which was first built in the 5th century B.C and where plays, such as tragedies and comedies, were held.
Next walk past the Sanctuary of Asklepios, god of medicine, whose the 17th descendant was the famous doctor Hippocrates. Enjoy the marvelous view of the city from above and meanwhile learn about the Philopappus monument that dominates the opposite hill. Then walk to the Odeon of Herodes, built in the 2nd century, where concerts are still held today.
Before you pass the Propylaea, the magnificent gate of the Acrpolis, admire the graceful temple of Athena Nike and ,Mars Hill, where St. Paul stood and spoke about the “unknown god”. After passing the gate you will get to the top of the Acropolis, where you will be astounded by the remarkable beauty of the two marble temples: the Parthenon, an icon of the western civilization and temple of goddess Athena, and the Erectheion, a building of exquisite beauty, known for its six female statues. Before the end of the tour your guide will point you out the best spot for pictures.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Departure Point :Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Travelers and guides are required to wear face masks in museums and archaeological sites. Use of wireless guide system when the number of travelers is over 5.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.