Private 5 day Desert Trip from Marrakech to Merzouga Desert
Being one of the longer trips we organize, the 5 Days Morocco Desert Tour to Merzouga takes breathtaking expedition in the southern of Morocco through the Mountains of high Atlas, you will get to visit more cities and villages and spend more time in each location. Not only that, but this 5 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga has the most detours most notable of which is the chance to visit the nomads that inhabit the caves near Todra Gorges for a close up look on the native lives of these people. Another alluring aspect is the significantly lower travelling hours and the fact that we will be checking into multiple hotels for a more relaxed journey.
The 5 Days Morocco Desert Tour to Merzouga is highly rewarding for those who have the time since it covers a wide variety of areas and monuments. It is also the least demanding, suited for people who don't enjoy long hours on the road or families with kids.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4x Breakfast
- 4x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 4 nights
- Free airport transfer to your hotel in Marrakech.
- Private transfer in comfortable air conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking driver & guide during the tour.
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation.
- Visiting Ait Benhaddou Kasbah with Guide.
- Visiting the cinema studio in Ouarzazate.
- Spending three nights in a Traditional Kasbah in Skoura,Todra Gorges and Ouarzazate
- Spending one night in Luxury nomad desert camp in Erg Chebbi (Private tent)
- Camel Trekking.
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah ...Etc
- Entry/Admission - Skoura
- Entry/Admission - TINGHIR
- Entry/Admission - Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Entry/Admission - Cinema Studio Atlas
- Entry/Admission - Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou
What's excluded :
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate - Skoura Palm
Stop At: Unnamed Road، Skoura, Morocco
Today, we pick you up from your Hotel in Marrakech, and start your Morocco desert trip from marrakech to Ait Benhaddou over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude), visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou and stop for lunch in a local restaurant. In the Afternoon we will drive to Ouarzazate and stop near the atlas film studios for a photo then continue to the city center for a panoramic view of the kasbah of Taourirt. After that you will head to Kalaa M’gouna for a night. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Dar Panorama or similar depending the availability
Day 2: Skoura Palm - Valley Of Roses - Dades Gorges – Tinghir - Todra Gorges
Stop At: TINGHIR، Tinghir 48500, Morocco
This morning after breakfast in the hotel, Leaving Kalaa Mgouna towards Todra Gorges. The journey continues through the Valley of Roses then cross the off-road with the possibility to visit nomad family living in caves. You will visit the dades gorges and see the rock formations. After that heading to Boulmane du Dades and have a break for lunch. In the afternoon we continue to Tineghir then to Todra Gorges to enjoy its marvelous views of Canyons. Dinner and overnight in Kasbah hotel.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Dar Ayour or similar depending the availability
Day 3: Todra Gorges - Erfoud - Erg Chebbi (Merzouga)
Stop At: Erg Chebbi Dunes, Morocco
This morning, you will walk around the Palm Plantations and enjoy the panoramic views of Todra River. Later on, we drive toward Tinjedad for a lunch meal on a local restaurant. Later you will pass by several villages such us Touroug (Berber village) and El-Jarf before reaching Erfoud. You will visit a local fossil craft workshop. After that you will continue to the captivating dunes of Erg Chebbi, these dunes are called also Merzouga Dunes. Arrive to the hotel and get ready for a camel trek for an hour and half to enjoy the sunset. While on the back of your dromedary, you will continue to the camp or an overnight in traditional nomad tent. Dinner and spend the night in a bivouac in the middle of the dunes.
Duration: 3 hours
Accommodation included: Private Luxury tent with Facilities + Sunset & Sunrise with Camel Ride - Entertainment with local - Dinner & Breakfast
Day 4: Merzouga - Rissani - Alnif - N'Kob - Agdz - Ouarzazate
Stop At: Cinema Studio Atlas, Ouarzazate 45000, Morocco
Wake up early morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dune in the Sahara Desert then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will ride your camel back to the hotel where you can shower. Later on, we will drive back to Ouarzazate via Rissani, Alnif, N’kob, Agdz . you will have time to invetigate the souk of Rissani then drive to Alnif, home of trilobite. Later we continue to N’kob for lunch. After lunch we head toward Agdez and stop for a visit of Kasbah of Tamnaugalt situated on the palm groves of Daraa Valley. Later we will cross Ait saoun Mountains to reach Ouarzazate. Dinner and Overnight in a Hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Accommodation included: Riad Ksar Aylan or similar depending the availability
Day 5: Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou - High Atlas Mounatins - Marrakech
Stop At: Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou, Douar Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou 45000 Morocco
Today after breakfast in the hotel. You will have time to visit the kasbah of Taourirt then another photo stop near the atlas film studios. After that you will visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou and stop for lunch in a local restaurant in the village. In the Afternoon we will drive to the kasbah of Telouet and stop for a visit then we continue to the red city of Marrakech over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude). Arrival to Marrakech and Drop off in your accomodation.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in MarrakechAirports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.