Private 2-Day Dakar Trip in the Desert
This popular 2-day trip allows you to first explore one of the most beautiful natural attractions. The pink lake is well worth a visit. Very interesting to see men harvesting the salt. The 4WD drive through the sand dunes and along the Atlantic Ocean is a unique experience.
After the visit, we will proceed for a 3-hour drive to the LOMPOUL desert. The drive offers a great view of rural life. A 4WD jeep will pick us up and take us to the middle of the desert. A lovely and peaceful stay. This would be an ideal place to stay one night in a relaxing atmosphere. The tranquility of the place, the experience of the pureness of nature could be really impressive.
Enjoy a traditional African Ballet performing under the constellations.
You will also be given the opportunity to take a guided tour inside the Mosque in the holy city of TOUBA.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Entry/Admission - Lompoul Desert
What's excluded :
Day 1: Leave Dakar for a 45 min drive to the Pink Lake. Explore salt collectors and proceed for a 3 hour drive Lompoul desert
Stop At: Lompoul Desert, Dakar Senegal
Leave Dakar after breakfast for a 45 mn drive to the pink lake, 10 times saltier than the Atlantic Ocean. The lake is an important center for cooking salt collection. Upon arrival, experience how salt diggers harvest the salt from the lake and women unloading it. After lunch, we will be driving for 2-hours to the Lompoul desert. Upon arrival, board the 4WD to the middle of the desert. At dinner time enjoy a traditional ballet performing Jembe drums involving singing and dancing enjoying the constellations. You will be invited to join in and experience our culture. Overnight in unique traditional VIP tents with modern toilets and shower. This will be a lifetime and one of a kind experience. Possibility of camel ride in the desert.
Duration: 16 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in traditional tents with modern facilities in the middle of the desert
Day 2: Lompoul/Touba/Dakar
Stop At: Touba, Touba, Diourbel Region
Leave Lompoul after breakfast and proceed for a 3-hour drive to the holy city of TOUBA and visit the most beautiful mosque in West Africa. Then, proceed back to Dakar via the toll-way
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Blaise Diagne Intl. Airport, Dakar Senegal
- Port De Dakar, Dakar-Plateau, Dakar, Senegal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.