Private : Local Full Day Khajuraho Temple Tour.
Khajuraho is known for its temples featuring sculptures and artwork depicting eroticism as well as their stunning architecture built between the 9th and 12th centuries during the Chandela Dynasty.
On this full-day tour, you will spend half the day with your guide visiting several of the remaining 20 temples and the other half exploring the city's commercial areas in search of local handicrafts.
At the end of your long day, you can return to your pickup location or opt to stay for the sound and light show at the Western Group of Temples.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Full Day city tour of Khajuraho.
- Local guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- Entrances of the monuments
- Gratitude (Tip to the Driver and guide)
- Entry/Admission - Khajuraho Temples
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khajuraho Temples, Khajuraho India
Meet your personal guide at your hotel in Khajuraho at 9am and begin your day with a transfer to the UNESCO World Heritage site known as the "Western Group of Temples.”
Start your visit with the Kandariya Mahadev temple, the most popular and beautiful massive structure. It is a magnificent piece of artistic sculptural work decorated with over 870 statues and carvings. Stroll through other temples such as the Chaunset Yogini, dedicated to the Goddess Kali; the Chitragupta or Bharatji, featuring a lovely image of the 11 headed Vishnu; Vishwanath, Nandi, Lakshmana and Visha, dedicated to Shiva, which is the largest and most typical of the temples in this area. Although the Khajuraho temples are more popularly known for their depictions of eroticism, the images are also perfectly balanced with other themes.
In the early afternoon, savor a buffet lunch in one of the city's best AC restaurants.
Afterward, set out to explore the local handicrafts of the town. In this small town, tourism accounts for the main source of earnings for its local people. Notice how nearly every household is engaged in some kind of commercial activity. Houses are converted into budget hotels, shops and restaurants.
Finally, in the early evening, you can enjoy an optional sound and light show (At your own expense) at the Western Group of Temples complex which provides a brief overview of the life and times of the great Chandela Kings and highlights the story of the exclusive temples from the 10th Century to the present day. The fascinating 50-minute show is presented in both Hindi and English languages.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Khajuraho Airport, Khajuraho India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.