Pristine Sistine Express - Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's Basilica
Please note that the passageway to access St.Peter's from the Sistine Chapel is temporarily closed due to precautionary safety measures. When this occurs you will spend more time inside the Museums & Chapel and your guide will still give you an introduction to the church should you wish to visit this on your own at a later time.
This tour is a great way to beat most of the crowds at the Vatican’s two busiest attractions. Using skip the line, early access tickets, you’ll see both the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica in the morning before a lot of tourists even wake up. With an expert, English-speaking guide to brief you on the history, art, and architecture of both sites, this is a quick but informative way to view two world-famous attractions in peace.
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip the line and Early Entrance to the Vatican museums & St. Peter’s Basilica
- Entrance & Reservation Fees
- Visual aids to help navigate masterpieces of the Sistine Chapel
- Small groups of maximum 20 people
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Guided Tour of the Vatican Museums (except Sistine Chapel)
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Start early, entering the Vatican Museums a full half hour before everyone else. As you head directly to the Sistine Chapel, your guide will brief you on what you are about to see and give you a visual aid to help decipher the frescoes once inside. Step into the chapel and spend a full 30 minutes enjoying the art with very small crowds - there’s no more peaceful way to see these great works of art.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Meet your guide at the bottom of the room and use a special corridor to walk directly into St. Peter’s Basilica without waiting in line. Inside, your guide will again brief you on the highlights of the space - from Bernini’s Baldachin to Michelangelo’s ‘Pieta’ – before leaving you to explore St. Peter’s on your own.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Walks of Italy Tours, Via Caio Mario, 14A, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Walks of Italy
Departure Point :Bar L'Ottagona, Piazza del Risorgimento, 52, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees.
- While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. We advise clients to contact Walks Customer Service Team to make further arrangements.
- Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks and big pointy umbrellas etc must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that the passageway to access St.Peter's from the Sistine Chapel is temporary closed due to precausunary safety measures. When this occurs you will spend more time inside the Museums & Chapel and your guide will still give you an introduction to the church should you wish to visit this on your own at a later time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- -Group size and/or duration may be reduced. Start time may vary. -The passageway to access St.Peter's from the Sistine Chapel is temporarily closed. You will spend more time inside the Museums & Chapel. - St. Peter's may not be accessible. If this occurs we will be provided with an alternative.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.